Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Minecraft (Public)

Minecraft (Public) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8368 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Obsi lets here communist dictator tendencies shine through
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3rd February 2012, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9278

Yesterday's snapshot has been fixed for a second time (the first time gave the previous link).

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mojang.com/2012/02/03/minecraft-snapshot-12w05b/
We decided to do an extra update of the snapshot this week. The reason was because of the shift-click bug when crafting items, which would consume all the items in the crafting table and only produce a single result item. This bug is troublesome because it’s such a fundamental feature, and we don’t want to penalize people if they forget that it’s broken.
We also fixed so that cats can be told to sit with an empty hand.
Get the snapshot here:

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 10:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

The latest snapshot has been released (Minecraft Snapshot 12w06a).

WARNING!!!! This snapshot will permanently alter any worlds used with it. These worlds may not be playable with earlier versions of Minecraft!

The main features:
  • Doors have been changed to properly detect if they are open or closed. Double doors in existing maps will need to be updated
  • Villagers will move indoors during night and rain, and socialize with each other
  • Zombies will break down wooden doors on hard difficulty
  • Added cat sounds
  • Better movement for mobs in water
  • Added rare mob item drops

Old 10th February 2012, 09:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/167613914870329345
Btw in the snapshot zombies tend to break down iron doors also. That's a bug and will be fixed!
Apparently Zombies chase and attack villagers as well. So it seems that previously some of us were concerned about villagers getting out of their villages. In the future, we might have to be worried about monsters getting in.

Sorontar

Old 10th February 2012, 10:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Oh, and the "rare mob item drops" are things like weapons and armour that are occasionally dropped by dead zombies etc, instead of their normal drops. Some of these may have enchantments, so mob factories will be very beneficial, but might need redesigning due to the AI once Minecraft 1.2 is released.

Sorontar

Old 10th February 2012, 10:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 686

Yeehaw

Sounds to me like the game is maturing a lot, I know many feel it is losing its sandbox feel but arent sandboxes so much more fun with a few toys to play with
Old 10th February 2012, 10:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

With all the options available (especially in multiplayer), I think it will always be a good sandbox environment. The ultimate question is how the Survival aspect develops. This is where I think Jens has the skill that Notch doesn't as I think Jens works better towards a big picture than Notch.

That said, Jens is supposedly mainly trying to work on framework stuff, rather than add features. However, he seems to be giving us both. One of his present projects is increasing the sky space so you can build up higher, but we also got the jungles.

Sorontar

Old 10th February 2012, 02:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Division Captain
Survivalist Games (Destiny PS4 Leader)
Dangerous - Post: 865 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

I can't wait for 1.2, the door fix is what I'm looking forward to.
That will make wiring doors soo much easier now, no need to invert or do stuff like that.
AdmiralTriggerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 02:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTriggerH View Post
I can't wait for 1.2, the door fix is what I'm looking forward to.
That will make wiring doors soo much easier now, no need to invert or do stuff like that.
Yeah, the double doors at each end of the Kelly Gang starting building was a good example of that. We had to invert an inversion for one door of each set so that both doors would be open or closed at the same time.

The main reason that Jens and Jon has been forced to make this change is that the poor villagers etc couldn't work out whether the doors were open or closed. Mojang ended up changing the information in the world data for the doors, so that now the bottom half of a door says which way it is hinged and the top half of the door says whether it is open or not. This is one of the reasons that this snapshot will change your worlds (and potentially screw up existing doors).

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 10th February 2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 15th February 2012, 08:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Latest snapshot (http://www.mojang.com/2012/02/15/minecraft-snapshot-12w07a/):
UPDATE: See The latest Minecraft snapshot for new version of this snapshot

WARNING: The snapshot uses the new Anvil world save format. Any world used with this snapshot will be converted into the new format. To convert it back, Jens says:
Quote:
If you want to revert to the old format, you need to replace the “level.dat” file with the file called “level.dat_mcr”. The new format will write world regions to files called “*.mca”, so your original regions will remain as “*.mcr”.
The main features of this snapshot are:
  • Added new world file format called “Anvil” (256 max height and 4096 block IDs*)
  • Multi-player light calculations do no longer cause affected blocks to be transmitted to the clients, instead the clients will recalculate the light on their own
  • Villagers will repopulate villages based on how many houses there are available
  • Some nights in villages will be worse than others…
  • Added a redstone-controlled light source
  • Decreased chance for the rare mob drops
  • All animals use the new AI system now

Last edited by Sorontar; 16th February 2012 at 12:07 AM.