Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Minecraft (Public)

Minecraft (Public) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th December 2011, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9278

Default Reached the border yet?

Has anyone reached the border yet? I notice that parts of the world map are very straight. I have also noticed that the "southern" part of the map are largely unexplored. I am just trying to judge how much world we will get with the present border size. I won't know that until I know where the borders are (and I don't want to ruin your exploring by filling in the map for you).

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27th December 2011, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh

Tribble hit the border with his claim. He just missed out on a hill he was wanting.
Old 27th December 2011, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Ah, then Tribble needs to tell us about his claim on the forum, or at least put up suitable signs to see on the map (remember, start and finish the sign with " # - = ~).

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 27th December 2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 27th December 2011, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Division Captain
Survivalist Games (Destiny PS4 Leader)
Dangerous - Post: 863 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

Well the NE (according to Tectonicus, not game) corner I believe is the border and the location for Tribble's Claim. (Don't think he is too sure about what he needs to do regarding posting the claim on the forums, but he did clearly mark our the borders (unfortunately not clearly visible on the map, but when you are over there it is)

The Tundra to the SW of my place has been explored to the border in a few places so the western border has been found, so you can easily extrapolate the NW corner of the border from the the available data.
So the only edge I'm not sure about is the southern border, and I don't have the time to explore it.

Also be very careful exploring deserts as there seems to be a weird bug where some random Cacti are invisible, I thought it my just be a bug with my texture pack or mods, however Raennik ran into some as well when exploring the deserts to the north.
I managed to die up there which is why I didn't explore any further.
AdmiralTriggerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 09:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1251

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTriggerH View Post
Also be very careful exploring deserts as there seems to be a weird bug where some random Cacti are invisible, I thought it my just be a bug with my texture pack or mods, however Raennik ran into some as well when exploring the deserts to the north.
I managed to die up there which is why I didn't explore any further.
I thought I had hit the border, moved aside and got past, then assumed some sort of bad lag meant I was hitting a cactus nearby.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I thought I had hit the border, moved aside and got past, then assumed some sort of bad lag meant I was hitting a cactus nearby.
Yeah, I had the similar effect once last night. Since I was walking in Creative mode, I wasn't being injured.

Sorontar

Old 29th December 2011, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

I was testing out how the border worked over at Tribble's spot the other night, and found that you definietely get a "You have reached the end of the world." message when you hit the border. If you don't see that, you aren't there.

Also, if you switch the map to night mode, all of the claims (the ones marked with torches) really stand out.
Old 29th December 2011, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Thanks guys, the map seems to be filling out and it is now clear that while we have lots of water, we also have lots of land. No mushroom lands though that I can see, which is interesting.

Sorontar

Old 29th December 2011, 08:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Average - Post: 172

...Yes I did some travelling... This time I didn't break the server =)
Old 15th January 2012, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

I notice that someone has physically marked the border on Sanctuary. I have no problems with this, but I must warn that it might be out of date very quickly if Jens keeps changing the biomes. The latest change (MC 1.1) added new biomes. I am still reading up on what effects this has on existing worlds, but if we end up getting no snow on Frontier, we may have to expand its border to try and get a new snow-laden biome. This is a consideration for the future. It is no definite plan, but I do imagine that sometime this year we will expand the borders of both worlds even further so as to allow new resources etc to be present.

Just something to consider.

Sorontar