Old 24th January 2012, 12:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9277

For a first attempt, something like a castle and village would be easier. It would not require as precise architecture. The closest work I can think of was the Togosseum, which had Obsi and Bazz/Skoville as project planners and many helpers (Building the Togosseum). We did have other large projects but they tended to not be related to a single building/set of buildings in a single construction.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 24th January 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24th January 2012, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

Not so keen on the opera house myself... I don't think it's an attractive building.

I think we definitely should all use the same texture pack, whichever one we use would depend on what we're going to build though....

ok... some inspiration vids.

This is an interesting idea:

They divided the space into lots and people built something (a house) on each lot in 30 mins. Maybe we could do something like this as our first go.

City/villages:

(airships at 12:30 Bazz )

And here's one for you Bazz:

Last edited by Obsi; 24th January 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 08:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2836

The town seems like a good idea - allows for some individuality in a planned setting.
Stuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 09:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Cheeky

That's what I think....

If we start with a basic idea of what sort of theme we want, like a pirate cove idea.... and agree on the main building materials (eg woods, cobble and stone bricks), so it has the same general feel (obviously some difference is good, but they tend to look better if they are built in similar materials in a similar style)... then we should be able to all build our own buildings within the area and it should all work well together.

Old 25th January 2012, 03:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
...then we should be able to all build our own buildings within the area and it should all work well together.
As long as we don't have the standard "10x10x10" rule or whatever it was. We should be planning out an actual street layout first, with predefined blocks of land. No tunneling under the city except for city infrastructure (and possibly a small basement).
Our division is small enough that we can allow for a larger personal space.
Samah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 09:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Cheeky

yes, we wouldn't need to have lot restriction. We wouldn't need basements though really... as you won't see them...

Old 25th January 2012, 09:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1251

Amused

How is the filming done?

One person's view, standing there?
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2012, 01:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Cheeky

Well, people do it in different ways

Apparently taking several million screenshots and making that into a video is a smaller file. We have 3 PCs and 3 MC accounts, so it would be easy enough for me to video it as MiniObsi, and that leaves Sorontar and I free to build on the other machines. (I just have to find a good program to use)

Old 27th January 2012, 04:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Average - Post: 172

If you want to merge millions of screenshots to a movie, then I can recommend VirtualDub. Its free and works with every known video codec. If you go for 1080p video resolution, then use x264 codec. Divx and Xvid can't handle that resolution very well.

I gladly encode that video for you, if you like. You just send me the pictures. I can put up a ftp server for that. Then I simply send the video back to you.
Old 27th January 2012, 09:41 AM   #20 (permalink)

Cheeky

ok cool, I'll look into that mod then.

So.... we need suggestions of what to build..... Any objections to a Piratey styled village? or alternative suggestions?

If we do something like that as our first run, then we can just find a nice mountain bay area and just build on that - then we can look at going more advanced on a next build.

Then we need suggestions on what texture pack to use.