The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public/)
-   -   December Design Star Challenge (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public/460637-december-design-star-challenge.html)

segreto 16th October 2012 04:52 AM

December Design Star Challenge

It is 6 weeks away, but I want to start promoting it now.

The challenge: Super Secret, Awesome and Viewable from space!

In honor (kinda) of the Australian (in American) Felix Baumgartner, who did some serious stuff this weekend, I have proposed a new challenge, which is far from designing a room.

I have the plot secretly made already, and I will start getting the chests done during November.

The competition time will be a bit different: 2 weeks.
The areas will be a little more private.
The materials will be more limited.
The tangible (can you say that for a computer game?) rewards will be similar to the first competition, but the fame will live on forever (server forever).
Judging I am going to change.

That is all the information I will post until the start date, December 14, 2012.
The rules will be the same: Use the items in the chest(s) to create the most original and aesthetically pleasing design possible.

If you are interested in playing, please post below.

* Special note: I am funding this from my private stock, which is limited in the below after the first Design Stars building and chests. If possible, I would accept donations of:

*Various woods (in timber form) no limit. I have a tree farm on my property.
*cobble or stone (1 chest)
*No dirt, I'm good with that.
*Iron for a a tool I need to make a bunch of or some (shears, shovels)
*odd colored wool (2 chests full)
*Nether Brick (not much. maybe a stack or 2 depending on number of participants)

I am good with everything else. And I will be collecting up till the start date, so most likely I can hit everything, but that will take a lot of time. If you have some extras hanging around, a donation would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Segreto

HenriDeacon 16th October 2012 07:56 PM

I have a little sheep farm, so can donate a fair amount of colored wool.

There is also quite a lot of resources remaining in the condo chest.

segreto 16th October 2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HenriDeacon (Post 3682543)
I have a little sheep farm, so can donate a fair amount of colored wool.

There is also quite a lot of resources remaining in the condo chest.

Thanks. It's not the bulk I would need, its the variety. I had a lot of different colors, but not enough so that every chest had a full stack to use. Next time, I want to give all the same basic elements, but the secondary stuff (wool, wood type, and other decorating blocks) I want to give completely different items to use.

Misnik 18th October 2012 02:22 AM

I have several stacks of raw iron I can donate, will check how much I have when I get off work in ~6 hrs.

HenriDeacon 18th October 2012 03:30 AM

Added a stack of each wool color to your spawn chest.

segreto 18th October 2012 07:35 AM

Thanks!

The Iron might be a bit much. 1 stack will make plenty of what I need.

The wool is great. If I had more time for the first competition, I could have made some really interesting and challenging chests.

-Segreto

Sorontar 18th October 2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by segreto (Post 3683834)
The wool is great. If I had more time for the first competition, I could have made some really interesting and challenging chests.

I assure you, having one glowstone and a small number of redstone dust made things challenging enough for me. I don't think I had any iron ingots or slimeball so I couldn't make any sticky pistons.

Sorontar

Misnik 18th October 2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by segreto (Post 3683834)
The Iron might be a bit much. 1 stack will make plenty of what I need.

Sure np. Tossed 2 stacks of raw iron into your spawn chest, and threw in an extra stack of clay brick as well. Perhaps can use it.

(Generic note: you guys have really filled the chest room since I last worked on it :) I went ahead and knocked out the wall between it and the chicken area and added several more chests, and a second entrance. If you want to move out of that tight back corner there is more room now towards the front, etc.)

segreto 18th October 2012 01:35 PM

Cool, thanks!

segreto 6th November 2012 01:49 PM

I have everything I need. Thanks for the donations. I have created the stages. I will post a sign-up form in the middle of November. If you know you want in on this challenge, you can post here. Right now, I have 5 spots. I will add more if needed.

Since we now have frame-able items, prizes will be a little more presentable with trophies and usable awards.