Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Minecraft (Public)

Minecraft (Public) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th March 2013, 09:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9297

Ha, wierd. Glad you sorted it out.

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th March 2013, 05:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Server Admin
Dangerous - Post: 674

Inspired

If anyone's still having problems with connecting, I had Mindcrack all set up correctly on both Raeka's computer and my own, however it was getting as far as the "Logging In" then after hanging for a while after the messages about Portal Gun errors, simply shutting down.

Last night I tried reinstalling the latest version of Java on Raeka's machine (when reinstalling over the top, it says "This version is already installed. Do you wish to reinstall it?" at which stage it goes through the motions of uninstalling and reinstalling Java) but that didn't fix it.

However tonight I tried completely uninstalling Java, and installing it again fresh. This fixed this particular error.

So, if it's all set up correctly, and the server isn't throwing any incorrect mod errors, and you're getting all the way to handshaking with the server and then it's unexectedly closing - try uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh copy of Java.
Old 21st March 2013, 10:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

we have had many strange fixes with this update from files being in the wrong place to uninstalling / reinstalling java as well as uninstalling / reinstalling standed mindcraft that FTB dosn't even look at

main thing is in the end ppl ask / try and leave info so others can try it

atm my problem is I cant see what ppl are holding :s

Minecraft isn't Minecraft after playing Feed The Beast
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 12:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 50

Fine
Unhappy Installing Mincrack

After some effort I have got to a point MindCrack will run with all but DrZhark's MoCreatures. If it is not installed I get a message saying it is needed by the server. If I install it (Mod folder) I get a black screen and the console starting with;
2013-03-23 23:09:06 [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ldrzhark/customspawner/CustomSpawner;
2013-03-23 23:09:06 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
2013-03-23 23:09:06 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Java 7 Update 17.
Without Mo Creatures I can play single player mode.
HELP! Please
Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 12:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 102

Blah

Where have you installed "GuiAPI-0.15.2-1.4.6.jar" and "CustomMobSpawner 1.11.zip"?
Old 24th March 2013, 07:32 AM   #26 (permalink)

Fine
Smile loading MindCrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlexor View Post
Where have you installed "GuiAPI-0.15.2-1.4.6.jar" and "CustomMobSpawner 1.11.zip"?
In the Mod folder. Thanks for the response Phlexor. I take it this may be wrong?
Have now tried various combinations of all three mod folders - Mod - Jar Mods - Core Mods. Either black screen or it shuts down at end of load.

Last edited by Tribble; 24th March 2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 24th March 2013, 09:30 AM   #27 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2775

Innocent

Hey Mr Tribblesco - The Gui file goes in the 'instmods' folder in the 'mindcrack' folder, not mods folder in minecraft folder.

Hope that helps
Old 24th March 2013, 09:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5163

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribble View Post
Have now tried various combinations of all three mod folders - Mod - Jar Mods - Core Mods. Either black screen or it shuts down at end of load.
Yeah that happens to me too. Haven't been able to get on as it shuts down at the end of loading. Even after downloading everything from scratch and trying various combinations.

But been so busy with my work project and overtime that I haven't had a lot of gaming time this week. My project will keep me flat out until mid September but will hopefully jump on when i can.

Really looking forward to Easter

Last edited by HenriDeacon; 24th March 2013 at 09:54 AM.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 11:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

Fine
Wink Loading Mindcrack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriDeacon View Post
Yeah that happens to me too. Haven't been able to get on as it shuts down at the end of loading. Even after downloading everything from scratch and trying various combinations.

But been so busy with my work project and overtime that I haven't had a lot of gaming time this week. My project will keep me flat out until mid September but will hopefully jump on when i can.

Really looking forward to Easter
Know the feeling Henry. Flat out at work too. Was hoping to have an hour or two on the game to break the tension. Hope we find a solution soon. I have tried reinstalls and various things to no effect. Hope to have fun on Easter break and hope you do too mate
Old 24th March 2013, 12:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

It seems to be GuiApi that is the problem one. Try these combinations:

GuiApi in "coremods"
The other files in "mods"

GuiApi in "instmods"
The other files in "mods"

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote