The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public/)
-   -   Ferrous and Bauxite Ore locations? (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public/507313-ferrous-bauxite-ore-locations.html)

Brew 21st August 2013 04:26 AM

Ferrous and Bauxite Ore locations?

On Serenity, I'm trying to complete my Industrial Blast furnace so that I can make a quarry before the world restart in the nebulous future.

I'm only short of Nickel and Titanium for both, and I can't seem to find any more of the Ferrous or Bauxite ores. Do those show up on the mining world, as I don't think that I've seen either there.

Bauxite looks like it may be biome limited, and the wiki is vague on the depth that it is found, with some conflicting numbers.

Ferrous simply says low levels. Does anyone know where it really shows up?

Thanks,
Brew

any1seenjoe 21st August 2013 11:11 AM

bauxite is biome limited....
From memory.. plains and anything with forest in the name

I could be wrong, but I believe ferrous is the same as nickel in the ore dictionary, so they should be able to be interchanged

DeeP 21st August 2013 04:32 PM

on the wiki it say the following to location of ferrous ..

Ferrous Ore is a primary source of nickel as well as a source of Platinum Dust, Pulverized Shiny Dust and Iridium Ore. It can be smelted into Nickel Ingots or macerated into Nickel Dust. It is most commonly found on layers 11-14, and more rarely on layers 15-17.

Ferrous Ore can be smelted into a single Ferrous Ingot. Pulverizing Ferrous Ore in a Pulverizer produces two Pulverized Ferrous Dust and has a 5% chance to make Pulverized Shiny Dust and a 2.5% chance to make two Pulverized Shiny Dust.

Also I cant remember for sure but if you get some Nickel dust as byproducts of other processes you can smelt it to make the ingots then pulverize the ingots to get back to ferrous dust

Bauxite Ore;

It can be found in most types of forest biomes: Forest, Plains, Rainforest, Autumn Woods, Birch Forest, Forested Hills, Forested Island, Green Hills, Meadow, Redwood Forest, Redwood Lush, Woodlands, and so forth. In the Twilight Forest, Bauxite can also be found in Dense Twilight Forest, Dark Forest and Enchanted Forest.

(or it can be found at my base - take what u need :) )

DaedalusAlpha 21st August 2013 11:16 PM

There is also a small chance to get ferrous dust if you use normal iron ore in a pulverizer.

And I can confirm that it's found in lower levels, I've been mining for diamonds in my own world and while that turned out to be very hard to find, I've found quite a lot of ferrous ore instead. So essentially mine for it the same way you would mine for diamonds to kill two birds with one stone.

fireh 22nd August 2013 09:48 AM

Brew, I have some Nickel and (I think) some ferrous ore that you are welcome to help yourself to. It's in my stilt house.

Brew 22nd August 2013 10:58 AM

Thanks all, After spending my online time last night looking for Bauxite under a redwood forest last night and coming up empty handed (other than the nice load of iron, copper, and tin), I will probably take you up on your offer, DeeP. Same for yours, Eden, especially since I plan on setting up the quarry in our shared mining world area, so you can use it, too.