Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Minecraft (Public)

Minecraft (Public) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th June 2014, 05:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Average - Post: 168

Lurking
Default Serenity/DW20: 2 questions: Mining World? and plants for Pneumatic Craft?

I can't find the post right now, but I read something about a mining world where larger quarries are allowed?
How do you get to the mining world?

Pneumatic Craft looks interesting, but I can't find the plants needed for some of the components. I get the impression they are added after the world was generated and they just don't exist in the current world. The nether has no border, so I guess some can spawn in new chuncks. I have creeper and ender seeds, wondering if anyone has any of the other seeds.
Maybe someone has a mystcraft dimension where they spawn?
(and I still have to learn how to keep pneumatic stuff from exploding if the pressure gets too high)
Bling_T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th June 2014, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2991

Grumpy

For some mining, if you're looking for an increased yield, you can go to the Deep Dark. You can build your own portal, if you can put together the quadruple compressed cobble, or I'm sure someone else will happily let you use theirs.

The PC seeds should drop just as often as anything else when you break grass. I also suspect you will find plenty in the Twilight Forest.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 309

Bored

What seeds do you need? I have things like creeper plants ect that I'm assuming your taking about.

If you go onto youtube and look up dark portal. I have found the dark portals are assigned to where they are created like the nether portals. So if you use someone elses try to find one close to you are traveling in the deep dark is hazzadous to your health.

Your more than welcome to use mine if you want to.

Emeraldknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 04:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 620

Lurking

I have some of the slime ones if you'd like. And of course creeper, plus endless ender ones.

Minecraft user: Archmagus12

LazarusProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 05:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Lurking

I've been traveling the overworld to the border where you get kicked back, without finding the plants. I do not think you can get those seeds from breaking grass, (but to be honest I haven't tried that hard)
So I went to my small outpost in the Twilight Forest and just kept going in 1 direction. Roughly 1600 blocks east the plants started showing up. I got a few of each now, except for the 2 that grow in the nether that I will get later.
I can't get the flying flower seeds planted, they just keep floating and I can follow them around all day hoping they land somewhere, which they don't.
Old 20th June 2014, 07:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 55

I've had some success planting different seeds reliably with droppers and dispensers. Thats what made the squid plant easier for me.
Oradi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 309

Bored

I am fairly sure the seeds I have were from breaking grass.
I could not understand the flying flower plant propagation
PneumaticCraft Wiki – Plastic Plants/Seeds | MineMaarten's Minecraft Mods

Emeraldknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2014, 06:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oradi View Post
I've had some success planting different seeds reliably with droppers and dispensers. Thats what made the squid plant easier for me.
The white seeds work in single player, they land somewhere and grow. Maybe server lag? I think the only use for the white flying seeds is for elevator callers.
I've had no problems with squid seeds. I walled off a 5x5 area in the water (so there was no flowing water inside) and tossed the seeds in.

Any idea how far I have to go in the Nether to get fire flowers?
Old 21st June 2014, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Division Captain
League of Legends
Deadly - Post: 1597

Drunk

There are lots of fireflowers near my nether portal. I have some flowers too. Feel free to use my portal if you want, or take some flowers (think I have 3, take'em all) I'll get more when I feel like it.

The flowers are in the chest next to my portal. If you use the link book to my place, go out the doors to the other peak (you can see it through the glass), then up the stairs on the left.

Kaer Fyzarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2014, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 85

Tired

From memory all the seeds associated with a mob type are dropped by that mob. Ender ones can be left behind when Endermen teleport according to the thing i read. I still have found no Ender seeds tho. Have never found PC seeds by breaking grass from memory.

Fire flowers are common but are probly associated with particular biomes. Explore and you'll find some - people prolly leave most of them because they're pretty useless right?
Nuljones is offline   Reply With Quote