Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Minecraft (Public)

Minecraft (Public) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st August 2014, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 309

Bored

\o
When I planted those trees from the twilight in my tree farm and the roots took everything out.
Dewey that was miner compared to the time I forced the server to do a 48 hour roll back after a long weekend where everyone spend every waking minute (including myself) and a few where they should have been sleeping as well.

Emeraldknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st August 2014, 04:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
Everyone who's ever tried to make a fireplace with real fire in a wooden house, raise your hand.

o/
o/

although.... the type of fireplace I tried to make worked fine in 1.2.5... *grumbles about mohjang increasing the fire spread radius in 1.3.2*

I think learning modded minecraft is all about making silly mistakes (how many machines did everyone else blow up learning ic2's power system, built a nuclear reactor or boiler crossing chunk boundaries, or forgot to chunk load combustion engines water supply)

The big stand out oopsie I remember doing was in 1.2.5, discovering a players secret base... with a rp2 frame mining machine
any1seenjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 01:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 647

Tired

Quote:
Everyone who's ever tried to make a fireplace with real fire in a wooden house, raise your hand.

o/
o/
Old 22nd August 2014, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 2187

Fine

think the worst thing ive done is one of first few times i set up a buildcraft quarry, without realizing it i put the steam engine, ender chest, and the quarry machine itself right on the border of the quarry marks, and the laser destroyed it all lol
Old 22nd August 2014, 07:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5852 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Quote:

o/
o/ yups twas a beautiful house ytoo, fire place was 3 wide...."heat" set fire to wood 4 blocks away, I came back to a fireplace in mid air rofl
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 08:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 619

Lurking

Nothing completely heart breaking for me yet. A few near misses, like taking the firestone out of the miners backpack while sorting my ores forgetting about my wooden floors... 'what is that crackling sound I hear...'

And of course missing the jump exploring with all my best gear falling down a 1x1 hole into a little lava lake (a little lag just to make it fun)

Minecraft user: Archmagus12

LazarusProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 11:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5852 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

ok, interesting twist, my tree farm, running on Oak, Sakura and White Cherry tree's suddenly over the past 2 days has planted 3 Redwood saplings...

the planters are running Precision Import Bus's with whitelist of ONLY the sapling that that farm is meant to plant, and the planter had a full compliment of the saplings, dunno how the redwood entered the system.

I have purged my system, ended up with over 20 stacks of redwoods, and also installed a precision import bus on the offending chest attached to the harvester, to prevent any redwoods entering the MFE system,

/sigh the fun it was repairing the damage.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 06:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8393 TOG Silver Level Supporter

I'm starting to feel lucky my tree farm is a bit to the side of my main base

As for the precision import bus, do you have the dictionary active in it? It is active by default I think, and it will translate any sapling to any other sapling.

Another way to be REALLY sure is to have a separate system for the harvester/planter and just have a pipe run from the harvester, via a filter pipe (that filters saplings) to the planter and then let any overflow saplings and the wood end up in the AE system.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"

Last edited by DaedalusAlpha; 25th August 2014 at 06:32 PM.
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 12:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Division Captain
Survivalist Games (Destiny PS4 Leader)
Dangerous - Post: 875 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

Quote:

o/
o/
I did this in my hotel on Frontier and it spread from the basement to the top floor, I rage quit for the day and came back a couple of days later in the week to find that some kind souls in our divison had harvested lots of wood and repaired all the damage for me.
Old 26th August 2014, 01:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 647

Inspired

I remember when someone accidently set fire to the spawn village in our very first tog server (the one with the newbie mine) while making a fireplace. Luckily it was in-between saves so I just restarted the server.