Old 14th December 2010, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused
Default Defensive Response

Due to the new threat posed to the Kingdom of the Mountain Cheith by the villainous, tyrannical ruler EatingTacks it has become necessary for his greatness, The Cheith, to build some defensive positions.

To this end a great wall is being constructed around the lands of the magnificent Cheith to glorify his kingdom. The great wall is currently the immense towering height of 1 brick high (with a 2 brick subfloor curtain) and 5 wide. Some day it may reach the immense height of 2 bricks - but don't bet on it.

A small section of this minor building project can be see in here:

and here:

Once completed the wall safely keep in the subjects of the Mountain Cheith, protecting them from harm in the wilderness. The Wall will bound 624 <= X <= 1613 and 4045 <= Z <= 4654.

We will, of course, welcome all peaceful visitors.

Needless to say the all mighty Mountain Cheith has also developed a counter-measure to the 100 Mega-Creeper ICBM developed by the dastardly EatingTacks. We are proud to announce the Land to Air Vessel Atomizer designed to take out anything that deigns to aggressively fly over our territory.

This fearsome, purely defensive, weapon is pictured below:

Thus ends this important message from his majesty The Mountain Cheith.

Old 14th December 2010, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2752

Innocent

"Purely Defensive".
Oh Dear - The arms race has begun!

/me runs to start building defences!
Old 14th December 2010, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

do you have weapons of mass destruction hidden under the rug? we may have to come and investigate... :
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
do you have weapons of mass destruction hidden under the rug? we may have to come and investigate... :
The full magnificence of the LAVA weapon can be seen by warping to either Cheith.towertop or Cheith.towerbase.
C.
Old 14th December 2010, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 467

Sleepy

This thread instantly reminded me of a famous movie quote from the bond film Goldfinger.
I blame and dedicate this spell of crazy on/to the LAVA weapon .

~

Tensions run high in this international conspiracy Minecraftian thriller...

In a land divided by a road not-so-high wall two kingdoms are at the edge of war, both wield two equally deadly yet completely different weapons of mass distraction. The action takes place after our favorite spy hero is captured infiltrating a not-so-secret secret base with a not-so-secret secret lava weapon of mass distraction; protected by a not-so-high wall; ruled by the magnificent Cheith.

James Cube : Do you expect me to talk?
Cheith Lavafinger : No, Mr. Cube. I expect you to craft.

Is our favorite spy hero James Cube in peril? will he escape or is the magnificent Cheith a potential ally (villain in the sequel - depends on film title). What gadgets are hiding in James Cube's watch? Is EatingTacks really training a creeper army and Mega-Creeper ICBMs that could spell doom for the server? More importantly... how does he make this ICBM with its 11 secret herbs and spices when my crafting table only has 9 slots?

~
Overactive imagination I know.
Orcneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

Bwahahahaha (I'd have repped you, but I'm out!)
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 02:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
(I'd have repped you, but I'm out!)
Done.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 05:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

Amused

With the completion of the stout one brick wall the vassals free subjects of the Mountain Cheith decided that they needed a better power source and targeting system for their LAVA defensive device.

To this end, and recognizing the ecological shortfalls of Eating Tacks lava based geothermal power plant, the innovative people developed the hydro-induction power generation system using the natural power of water and an innovative gold/iron/obsidian induction loop. The resulting system, with a small chandelier my grateful subjects insisted on, can be seen here:

The heart of the new guidance system for the LAVA defensive device is a computerized targeting system. Although the technical specifications are secret it can be revealed that it is based on the well know RediStone(tm) technology. Here is a newly released picture of the processing system.

Thus ends this public service announcement from his majesty the Mountain Cheith.
Old 16th December 2010, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2752

Innocent

Hey Cheith - here's a 'rough draft' of what I was thinking - the end isint finished and the music is wrong, but you should get the idea!
We also if your up to it should do some of the shots again as the other night I was on wireless in the shed on an ald bench, and some of the camera wobble is awful.
(and let me know if you hate it and I need to take it down!)

Watch out tacks......

Last edited by Bazz; 16th December 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 76

Bored

Now that's cool!
Optical Array is offline   Reply With Quote