Old 12th January 2011, 12:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky

You can get the different mods separately .. so just install the bits you want.... You can get just the horses, or a combination of ones you want.... the one that adds wildlife (bears, birds, lions, rabbits, ducks) is nice for some variety to mobs, and while the bears and lions will attack, they don't in peaceful mode.... so you can wander about freely (they won't attack other animals either - just roar at them) there are supposedly also foxes and wolves, but they mustn't appear in peaceful mode, since I've never seen them...
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12th January 2011, 12:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2760

Innocent

Set this up for the boy last night.....Pretty sure I won't see him again until the weekend!

Great mod pack - really does en-rich the whole experience.

Cheers
Old 12th January 2011, 12:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Warrant Officer
Star Citizen
Elite - Post: 2631

Cynical

Needs to be adapted for Multi-Player
| Aegis: Retaliator, Reclaimer
Origin: M50, 325A, 350R
| RSI: Aurora MR, LN, LX, Constellation
Banu: Merchantman | Xi'an: Khartu-al
MMOGAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 01:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

yeah horses would solve transport problems in multiplayer on large maps
exekewtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 01:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Division Captain
Team Fortress 2
Lethal - Post: 6032

Sleepy

If you installed the mod pack I suggested in another thead press escape then Mod settings then mob arrow to select individually which mobs appear
Old 12th January 2011, 01:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixa... View Post
If you installed the mod pack I suggested in another thead press escape then Mod settings then mob arrow to select individually which mobs appear
I just installed that pack mixa - I must be missing something - I dont get any Mod settings when i hit esc?
Old 12th January 2011, 03:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
Division Captain
Team Fortress 2
Lethal - Post: 6032

Sleepy

Hmmm... You sure... Oops... Esc then options then mod settings
Old 12th January 2011, 04:12 PM   #28 (permalink)

Cheeky

Quote:
yeah horses would solve transport problems in multiplayer on large maps
Yes, ohh man, I hope they can get the mod working in multiplayer (or notch adds horses of his own) - Though roads/clearings might still need to be made, they can be quite stubborn about uneven ground.... particularly the common horse that can only jump one tile...., and they often sink like a stone in deep water (I'm sure I'll find out what happens if they drown soon) They ideally need a 3 block space between things like trees to pass through too (they can go through 2, but it's sometimes tricky) making it *very* frustrating when going through a forest, you're forever jumping off, bashing some leaves out the way, getting back on, go past that tree, find another one blocking your path, jump off again....

The other problem I see is if you die, and your horse doesn't, if you want it back you have to go find it, and it's probably not going to be where you left it... I found my escaped horse today (that I lost day before yesterday), miles away from where I left it... (so then I had to try taking it back home by making a dirt wall around it, flying the pegasus further away, walling it up, walking back to the horse, riding it to a point past the pegasus, walling it back up, the walk back to get the pegasus... and so on ) and they won't ever despawn, so if people go leaving unwanted horsies wandering around, it's going to tie up a lot of server resources I imagine...

The pegasus is definitely the way to go though they don't even need a run-up! just jump and you're up and flying. I've found so many pumpkin patches and coal deposits, because you can see them easily from the air! The only problem with them though is you can really easily get lost, as you cover a lot of ground quickly by air, and I imagine it also increases the world size quicker than if you explored by foot.... also you can see further than you would on the ground, so you spend a lot of time waiting for the world to draw as it tries to catch up... I had to put up some pillars and arrows made from torches to guide my way around (before I added the Zan's minimap mod, which is a blessing for air travel!)

Last edited by Obsi; 12th January 2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12th January 2011, 04:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Innocent

Nope - still no Joy.

I'll do a reinstall - perhaps I missed something.

Cheers
Old 12th January 2011, 05:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

Cheeky

This is the mod Mixa was talking about... did you install that one Bazz? (coz the mo creatures mod doesn't have the ability to choose what mobs spawn)...
[MOD COMPILATION] Minecraft Community Pack v2.01 [BETA v1.1] - Minecraft Forums

I only grabbed Zan's minimap, as I didn't want the rest of it...

Also, I now see the mo' creatures only comes as one pack that includes everything together and you have to edit out what you don't want... if anyone wants just the horses, I have the separate v2.1.2 zip for it..