The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   The Miners' Gallery (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/miners-gallery/)
-   -   The shrine of the block (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/miners-gallery/371748-shrine-block.html)

Obsi 30th June 2011 12:12 AM

The shrine of the block

One dark and stormy night, a man returned to TOGopia, after a short journey away. When he returned, he noticed that he now possessed great powers.

He tested this power by bestowing a gift upon a fair maiden of the town. Outraged at such a "common" gift, and displeased with his unnatural and mighty powers, she summoned the great Gods.

The Gods stripped the powers from the man, stating that his elevation to blue was a mistake, and was not meant to be. Returning him to his former, lowly red status.

The fair maiden was left with this ill-gotten, "a bit cheaty" gift. A testament to the great power that the poor man once held. So, she set off to the great desert of the South to gather some sand. With it, she built a shrine, and placed the gift she had received upon a glass platform, so that all may gaze upon it, and be forever reminded of the great gift she had been given, but could not accept. The generosity of this one man, who had used his great powers for this one small token.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/x...ockShrine2.jpg

This single stone block, a reminder of what once was.... shall stand there....

......in solitude....
...... for eternity.......

(or until a creeper blows it up)

DaedalusAlpha 30th June 2011 01:01 AM

Does it have a mystical and magical connection to the Temple of the Block (or whatever the shrine close to 0, 0 in the survival server is called)?

Obsi 30th June 2011 02:10 AM

No.. completely unrelated to that...

DaedalusAlpha 30th June 2011 03:32 AM

I'm not so sure... If you stand long enough at a specific spot I've heard that you can see parts of the chat channel of those that stand in the other temple! wooooooo!

Obsi 30th June 2011 11:03 AM

Hahaha

Maybe its the smaller spot to worship for those who can't make the trek all the way to spawn to the temple of the cube (I think that is what it's called).

Actually it's a joke really... although the story is based on true events - just elaborated a bit for better storytelling... I thought someone in particular would get a laugh from it... when he sees it.

Cheith 30th June 2011 12:09 PM

Nice Obsi .... having been there for the original event that is a fitting tribute to 'the block'

Misnik 30th June 2011 01:21 PM

The true followers of the cube have no relation to those misguided followers of the block.

The temple is build around the mystical iron block that was handed down from heaven to Misnik when he was in the mountains gathering wool from the local flock of sheep. When lo did a voice speak on to him from a burning tree (no relation to the soon resulting forest fire) and reveal the divine cube in all its shiny goodness.

Following the commandments from on high the prophet did construct the temple and when it was done the voice was pleased and bestowed upon the cube a portion of divine power allowing it to float in mid air for all to see.

The temple is open to all Pilgrims to visit the Cube Sunday thru Friday. On Caturday is bingo.

MTDOS 30th June 2011 04:41 PM

lol.... what the gods giveth... the gods soon find out they stuffed up and taketh away :p

DaedalusAlpha 30th June 2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misnik (Post 3184952)
The true followers of the cube have no relation to those misguided followers of the block.

The temple is build around the mystical iron block that was handed down from heaven to Misnik when he was in the mountains gathering wool from the local flock of sheep. When lo did a voice speak on to him from a burning tree (no relation to the soon resulting forest fire) and reveal the divine cube in all its shiny goodness.

Following the commandments from on high the prophet did construct the temple and when it was done the voice was pleased and bestowed upon the cube a portion of divine power allowing it to float in mid air for all to see.

The temple is open to all Pilgrims to visit the Cube Sunday thru Friday. On Caturday is bingo.

Yey, potential for religous war between the creative and the survival servers! :p

DarkDuck 30th June 2011 07:50 PM

I love your religious war!!!

BTW I am planning a temple to high lord Ghast of the Nether