Old 10th November 2011, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2860

Grumpy
Default Flags

Since the memorial planned for Remembrance Day isn't going to be, I thought I'd share the flags I made. Done in creative mode, of course. They'd be almost impossible to do otherwise.

I'm not entirely happy with them, but I don't think I can really do better in blocks.

Element positioning was done to the nearest block from the official dimensions given for each flag on Wikipedia.

Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th November 2011, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9172

Very nice. Pity the scale allows the USA to have all its states represented but the Australian flag doesn't (points on the Commonwealth star under the Union Jack). The Canadians always had a good idea - KISS.

And is the memorial not to be because we are on the anniversary worlds? Or haven't you finished it? I had forgotten something was being made and didn't remember that it was being attached to any date.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Grumpy

I tried very hard to work out getting the points of the Commonwealth star. Everything I tried looked like absolute rubbish. They would have to be much larger for that to work.

Dewey was going to build the memorial, and the planned finish date was Remembrance Day, but he's been busy with RL lately.
Old 10th November 2011, 11:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
Dewey was going to build the memorial, and the planned finish date was Remembrance Day, but he's been busy with RL lately.
Ah RL. I know that well.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Grumpy

The Commonwealth star was one of the primary things that I wasn't happy about, but since this was planned for Sanctuary, space was an issue. A minimum of 13x26 was required to make the US flag recognizable at all, but that was too small to came even close to doing any justice to the Canadian and Australian flags. These are 26x52. I did some experimenting in the planning stages, and to get enough resolution to create an even vaguely recognizable seven pointed star required approximately an order of magnitude increase in size.