Old 22nd March 2012, 05:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

Default Fun Park WIP

Just thought I'd share a few shots of what else is going on around the Spleef arena, I'm planning on turning the area into a kind of playground with puzzles, races, PvP and of-course spleef. This is by no means finished and I plan to add some more areas with the intention of turning the space into a place where you can go on the server to take some time out and play some of the mini-games that can be incorporated into Minecraft, kill each other and just generally have some fun when taking a break from mining and building.

First pic is the jumping puzzle, while not huge it is tricky and I'd tried to throw in a bit of everything; double jumps, diagonals, ladders, a timed piston and an underwater section.

Next pic is of the Roller-coaster, this is very much a WIP but the basic loop is nearly complete. I'm trying to make it more like a real coaster in that alot of the track will be using momentum to push the cart around rather than redstone.

This is a small PvP arena made for 1v1. It will be closed in when finished and has a grandstand on one side for spectators. It also has a few obstacles wich make movement difficult and some wich kill/hurt.

Next is the boat race, again very much a WIP. I'm currently trying to extend the edges so more folks can race along at once. It needs alot of work though and the terrain in the area is quite flat so it's tricky/annoying. I may even abandon it for a more suitable hilly area so long as it's not populated, or it might continue underground.

Last is a shot of the area as a whole with the Spleef arena in the centre.

I've got a few more things in mind to add, as always I'm open to suggestions as to what you'd like to see or what could be added to what exists.

Thanks,
Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22nd March 2012, 06:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5566 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

I have seen the work being done, awesome mate very impressive
DarkDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Wow! Very impressive. I'll have to take a short walk over that way and check it out. Do you need and resource donations to help out?
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9172

Nice. You'll have to name it and perhaps have an entrance as a giant Creeper face in the style of the Luna Parks (Luna Park, Melbourne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

Looks awesome!

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2647 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

We had a little look around before spleefing this afternoon. Looks awesome Espesh! I tried my hand at the jumping puzzle but I was less then good at it
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

I took a look around last night. Getting there by the Nether is very safe and easy. Once I finish level 1 of my castle, I may take a break and help finish the overland road to Spawn.

Looks like it will be a lot of fun! If you put down a donation chest at the site, I'll drop in a little spare iron and gold to help with the coaster.
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2647 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

Yeah if you need any rail (powered or not) I'm happy to donate as well. I've saved up quite a bit for my still hopeful spawn rail station but it's just gathering dust at the moment.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

I got to the second last glass block, fell off, and ragequit after not being able to get back up there again

Very cool jumping puzzle! Some very tricky bits there, after some easier ones that trick you into thinking you're going to make it through

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote