Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2011, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 79

Scared
Default Anarchy Online

Just wondering if anyone plays, or has ever played Anarchy Online by Funcom. It has been around a long time, and the graphics are somewhat outdated now, but is still a great in-depth Sci-Fi MMORPG that is still 'hanging in there' despite all the new games that have come out to compete with it. There was supposed to be a graphics face-lift in the works, but we are still waiting for that. ( I think Funcom have other priorities at the moment :P )

My wife and I played it for about 5 years. It was the first Sci-Fi MMORPG I ever played. We arent subscribed at the moment, but between us we have hundreds of millions of credits, and our own city and organisation (guild).

You can play for free as a 'froob' (free player), or subscribe for expansion packs which open up heaps more content, including playfields, items and professions.

If anyone is interested in giving it a try, I could probably be persuaded to come back and give you a hand. I have other friends still playing that I could hook you up with too.

If you are a former player, what was your character name? which faction and Org were you with? Just curious mainly.

My main is Captainzero (on RK1 - Atlantean server), currently the President of Zeros Heroes, a Neutral Organisation (only a few members - close friends). I used to have 2 paid accounts with too many alts to mention, as well as some froobs. Oh.. and I also ran the in-game bot: RecipeNET.

Just found another post on this here. Sorry to double up.

Last edited by Captainzero; 9th February 2011 at 09:12 AM.
Captainzero is offline   Reply With Quote