Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th September 2011, 09:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 300

I followed the coast east until I (probably) reached the northeastern point. The coastline is now turning south. Have I missed you?
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th September 2011, 10:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

That sounds dead on. You are Yaga I assume? You may have to come a little further. Have you passed through any impressive bays? With a tiny island at the mouth?

Want to jump in TOG teamspeak server?

I am in the borderlands channel.

Last edited by Justin Kace; 9th September 2011 at 10:36 PM.
Justin Kace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 02:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3558

Tired

I just ran for literally 3 hours, direct north from the starting point, then east along the whole coast, past casterly rock, and ultimatus or something, now I am into more mountainous terrain heading south. I'm thinking this can't be right heh, but I have checked every village on the coast. Your directions sir, suck :P
Old 10th September 2011, 02:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Haha no you are on the right track!! Serendipity Bay is actually facing due east, so it is not on the northern edge of the island but just around a bit. The two settlements you mentioned are on the way, and there are a couple of very steep cliffs that pose a slight problem in navigation. :P But once you get there it is unmistakable. A very large bay with a very small island in the mouth of the bay.

Unfortunately the server has just gone down and that means it is my bedtime. Keep going Flint, forge on through to the promised land!!
Old 10th September 2011, 02:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintwick View Post
I just ran for literally 3 hours, direct north from the starting point, then east along the whole coast, past casterly rock, and ultimatus or something, now I am into more mountainous terrain heading south. I'm thinking this can't be right heh, but I have checked every village on the coast. Your directions sir, suck :P
Yes Flint, you are on the right way. I just found the place myself - thought it was much further north!

Actually you have to follow the coast to the south for quite a while, past the steep cliffs (better walk along on top of those; watch out for the spiders!) until you come to a LARGE bay. The place is at the very end of that bay.

Last edited by Yaga; 10th September 2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10th September 2011, 07:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Default The direct route to Serendipity Bay

Good news!

I found a direct route from the spawn point to Serendipity Bay - takes about one hour to get there. After we realized yesterday that our new village is much further south than expected, it turned out today that Serendipity is located almost exactly east of the spawn point!

So, all you have to do is go east from Green Dog, cross the tundra and then a large forest (always going east). You will then see a big mountain range which you surround on the north side, slowly climbing up hill. Once on top you look down and see a lovely big lake, stretching from north to south. Go down to that lake and surround it on the north side. There you find some smaller settlements ("Nowhereville", "Northwoods", Wolf's Hollow" and others) and some altars of Vynora. Move east past the angry trolls, climb up a green hill - and there it is: the eastern coast! (This is where I just found Flinton's corpse! WHAT HAPPENED, MATE?)

Now just move south on top of the mountain ridge, watch out for the spiders, and finally descend to Serendipity Bay!

I'm going to provide a crude map tomorrow - have to leave for a wedding now!

Watch out for various hostile creatures on your way: east of Green Dog there are large scorpions and goblins; I already mentioned the trolls on the north side of the big lake and the spiders near Serendipity - and you have the usual wolves, mountain lions, bears and rats, of course.

Take care!
Old 10th September 2011, 10:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Ok now that is really good to know! And kinda funny... That I have been directing people to almost circumnavigate the island...

Village is coming along nicely. We have sunk a mine, put in roads, erected a warehouse and one personal dwelling, and I am making a large paddock for raising animals and farming.

Go us!!
Old 11th September 2011, 12:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

We have a channel on the Wurm TS server.

Freedom TeamSpeak3
Old 11th September 2011, 03:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1331

Ok Guys, this complicated post has my interests peaked. I think I will give this a go. Few questions:

Is there still room out near you if I somehow find you?

Can I start on that server and come to you on a non-pay account? I will want to play for a bit before subscribing.

How do I get a deed to start a home base, or do I even need to do that right now?

Thanks.
Old 11th September 2011, 11:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Hey mate, yes there is still a lot of room and you don't need to be a paying player to enjoy 99% of the game.

You can certainly play on the same server, come join us, and help out and build your own house without paying a cent.

You certainly DO NOT need to start with a deed. To found your own settlement you need a settlement writ which costs ten silver. Silver is gained by selling stuff to traders in game or purchasing it on the website. It's how the game makes money. Selling to the traders is not really that practical for a newb. Realistically if you want to found a settlement you are going to have to spend money. 10 euro gets you 10 silver and you will need about 20 to both buy the writ and found the village. The actual cost of founding the village depends on a number of things including the size of the plot, the perimeter around the plot (a buffer to stop others settling too close) and the number of guards you hire.

You can happily build your own little village without a deed, as people cannot deed over an area unless they hold all the writs for any buildings in the area (when you finalise a house plan you get a writ of ownership). However a player dropping a deed could set a perimeter that covers your house and that would effectively stop you from finishing building (if you had not already) and also stops you from repairing your house which means it will eventually decay to the point it falls down. Most players are reasonable though and will either intentionally avoid doing this to you, or will offer to let you join their settlement if it happens. It is a risk you need to be aware of when you are building without a deed though.

You could quite effectively 'land grab' by fencing off an area and erecting 1x1 houses in each corner. You still may get a perimeter over your plot but it's less likely. To help prevent this you could also build more sheds outside your plot to act as another deed prevention buffer.