Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th January 2012, 11:05 AM   #211 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 21

Lurking

kiwiitis, you might want to ask about the QL of the iron in the mines. aside from that if you want to spend 9.91s a month on rent then it has some good features.

salient, looks like the pvp cluster will be getting the love next...
Roadmap for the upcoming weeks | Wurm Team Blog
... i don't play epic, so i cant tell you the state of the game there, but apparently its gonna get better.

Old 11th January 2012, 05:15 PM   #212 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1876

Happy

Thanks for reply Fazz.
I am already spending roughly 7/8 on 2 deeds which unfortunately have not materialized to my hopes due to all the digging, transporting and dropping I have to do.Don't get me wrong enjoying it but methinks I may be pushing up daisies before I even get anywhere near a nice setup.I actually used the inn when I visited the deed and got 35 mins sleep bonus.Was thinking of dropping 1 a/c but with beds 1 guy could be sleeping while the other guy worked.

So sad that there are not more toggers interested in these games.

I could always buy a boat and travel to other servers and do a bit of exploring.

Just read that roadmap.Darn not my cup of tea.

Playing Life is Feudal, The Repopulation

Last edited by kiwiitis; 11th January 2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Roadmap
kiwiitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 05:55 PM   #213 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 21

Lurking

np kiwi, if your planning big there's no problem, but if you are looking after the place by yourself its a little on the large side.. my place has an on deed farm, a couple pens for animals, a mine and a crafting area (forges and loom) and it takes me 40 mins a day to tend the farm and groom the horses minimum. That's only on a 23 by 21 deed, which costs under 2s a month with 1 guard. But horses for courses, the great thing about wurm is you can play it your way, amiright?
And again i'm not sure if you know this but ore veins have a QL cap, so if you plan on smithing, get an idea of the iron QL or you might find yourself off hunting a new mine in a few months
Old 14th January 2012, 08:19 AM   #214 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 50

Cheerful

I love the new look for ovens, forges, and towers.

Download my new Novel "Ana' at: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords
Tiger Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 06:14 AM   #215 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 921

Relaxed

Hey toggers, haven't seen anyone online besides Dag on one occasion and Haloumi (who gave me a garden key). I'm not liking the basic look and feel of the avatars, love the whole concept of buying a deed and developing it, the boats are great, but just can't seem to enjoy the UI at all.
With it being so quiet I started playing LOTRO and have become very engaged with it I'm afraid. I've been logging into Wurm for an hour each day or two and tending the fields so the chicken has food and doesn't die (there's a chick as well now). Without there being anyone online when I have been, I can't seem to offload the key to someone - can I perhaps put it on Dag's house in the oven or the forge or something? Let me know because I'd rather devote the hour each day to playing LOTRO now .

Cheers, SJ.
SonnyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 10:08 AM   #216 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

Guryon is trapped in Kyo's basement at the moment. He's changed the design of his house while I was logged off down there and now there is no escape!

SJ, don't be feeling obliged to do anything you don't want to mate. I'm the founder of SBay and I've been completely neglecting my duties!!
Old 15th January 2012, 12:08 PM   #217 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 921

Relaxed

Ah ok. Hope he can get out? Read some stories about people getting trapped and having to be dug out!

I managed to see Haloumi online this morning, gave her the key and the seeds. Still a bunch of stuff in Daggoth's oven he is welcome too - the healing covers he went to alot of trouble to make for em too, they are in there.

Have fun guys, might see you again sometime

SJ.
SonnyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 09:33 AM   #218 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 9

Hi there guys - just to let you know that I'll be moving on to Rivendell. My experience in S.Bay was for the most part a solitary one and if not for great neighbors (Yaga, Haloumi & Amiti), it would be pretty much a single player experience. They seem to have about 10 active players atm, so it is probably much closer to what I'm looking for.

S.Bay is a great area, so please let me know if you'll ever accept more people into this town (as in put more MMO feel into it). Kyo has permission to get into my house. If I'll see Haloumi - I'll leave the writ of ownership with her and if not - it will be inside my house (hint: if it can "fit" -> look inside the barrel).

Cheers and good luck.

p.s.
All the best for you Kyo on your new step in life! I hope it all went smoothly!
Dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 05:12 PM   #219 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 300

Good luck, Dagon. Your step is totally understandable, given that the majority of the former SB population is now playing other games. (I know the feeling of being lonely in Wurm )

Hope to meet you again some time.
Cheers, mate.
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 08:42 PM   #220 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1876

Happy

It's a whole new ball game for me now.Have the Port Pineridge deed anyone that passes by or new welcome to use the cottage.Gonna take me a while to get my bearings and sort out all the chests etc

Anyone that does breeding? The animals are roaming in a large enclosure I was told to plant flowers which will keep them fed anyone confirm please.

Playing Life is Feudal, The Repopulation
kiwiitis is offline   Reply With Quote