TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th April 2012, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 583

Wow, the feature list is a sandbox lover's dream. This game is now smack dab on the top of my watch list!

Feature Overview
Pets
Skill System
Nation Warfare
Missions
Crafting
Engagements

Current Faq (too long to list)

Crap man, I'm having flashbacks to pre-cu SWG. This looks fantastic, I hope they get it right.

Last edited by Ripp Savage; 10th April 2012 at 02:03 PM.
Ripp Savage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th April 2012, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andru View Post
Pre-Alpha video #2 is out: Pre-Alpha Video #2 is Released
Embedding for convenience.

Old 11th April 2012, 11:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp Savage View Post
Crap man, I'm having flashbacks to pre-cu SWG. This looks fantastic, I hope they get it right.
Please... Don't use the 'SWG' word...! Too many bad memories and too much Sony hate... :P
Old 12th April 2012, 01:12 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kace View Post
Please... Don't use the 'SWG' word...! Too many bad memories and too much Sony hate... :P
Really? Some of my best gaming moments came from SWG, it's the best MMO I've ever played, pre-cu anyway. I agree with the $OE hate though lol.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp Savage View Post
Really? Some of my best gaming moments came from SWG, it's the best MMO I've ever played, pre-cu anyway. I agree with the $OE hate though lol.
Oh no, you took that the wrong way (or quite possibly, I expressed myself poorly).

SWG pre-cu remains my favourite MMO experience. Pre-cu... Post-cu, that's where the nightmare began. I still have flashbacks... night terrors...
Old 13th April 2012, 12:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh no, you took that the wrong way (or quite possibly, I expressed myself poorly).

SWG pre-cu remains my favourite MMO experience. Pre-cu... Post-cu, that's where the nightmare began. I still have flashbacks... night terrors...
I hear ya, it was for me too. Can't wait til the emu is done so I can get my Gurreks back.

This game has a lot of similar features to SWG too, including pet taming, so I'm looking forward to this one.
Old 13th April 2012, 02:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Yeah I was MCH/TKM til I ditched the TK and went Commando instead. 3 sludgies (Zippy, Bungle, and George) or 2 graul maulers.
Old 13th April 2012, 03:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I was MCH/TKM til I ditched the TK and went Commando instead. 3 sludgies (Zippy, Bungle, and George) or 2 graul maulers.
Nice! I was MCH/MR, had a lot of fun with that. I had some Sludges but none of the big guys, I hated those in town lol. My favorite was 3 Gurreks before the CH nerf. I remember dueling another CH who was pissing people off in town by running around with a huge Rancor. I took him out with my Gurreks hehe. Good times.

When I started playing SWG I started as a Bounty Hunter until one day in Mos Eiseley someone ran past me with some pets and I was like...

That was it, it was all over, I immediately started researching CHs lol.

I still remember taming my first pet, a CuPa.

Man, I really miss those days. SWGEmu can't get here soon enough. I wonder which will come out first, that or The Repopulation. Hmm...
Old 13th April 2012, 08:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

The rate the emu has been going I'd have to say the Repopulation. :P But maybe I'm just a little bitter cos they haven't put CH in yet!!

I loved the two Graul Maulers cos they were a perfect fit for the MCH's 70 control points, both being lvl 35. I always like being a pet class so I went CH right from the get go. I reckon I was one of the first to find Rancor valley on Dathomir. All I did was explore and tame.

My first pet was Murray the Mountain Murra, tamed in the hills above the city in the NE of Correlia. Can't remember the name... Wonder if I still have a picture...?

Wow, terrible quality, but I do!! 22 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
6 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
5 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 13th April 2012, 11:41 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
The rate the emu has been going I'd have to say the Repopulation. :P But maybe I'm just a little bitter cos they haven't put CH in yet!!

I loved the two Graul Maulers cos they were a perfect fit for the MCH's 70 control points, both being lvl 35. I always like being a pet class so I went CH right from the get go. I reckon I was one of the first to find Rancor valley on Dathomir. All I did was explore and tame.

My first pet was Murray the Mountain Murra, tamed in the hills above the city in the NE of Correlia. Can't remember the name... Wonder if I still have a picture...?

Wow, terrible quality, but I do!! 22 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
6 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
5 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Lol, cool. The best part was making a camp and hanging out by the fire.

Yeah, that was a good combo before the nerf, very strong. I like the smaller pet classes, especially the cats. One thing I wished was that they made more pets viable so you could pretty much go with what you liked instead of basically the FOTM if you wanted the best. Oh well, it was pretty good anyway. Being able to have more than one made up for that some.

Speaking of the EMU, I was fortunate enough to get to tame a few pets right before they pulled CH back out and started the re-code. Good times!