The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   MMORPG Games: The Realms (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/mmorpg-games-realms/)
-   -   Blade and Soul (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/mmorpg-games-realms/459253-blade-soul.html)

xawier 8th October 2012 07:44 AM

Blade and Soul

Hi guys :)

Don't know if u heard about this awesome new game from ncsoft. I am personally looking forward for it and would love to have some TOG companions. On this day the game is in translation process to be released for US/EU probably early 2013.

Official website:
News | Blade & Soul

anyone interested ? :)

Nemo. 16th October 2012 06:52 AM

I've been following the build-up for about 2 years. It will be interesting to see whether they can realise what they started out to do. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Bluesteel 12th January 2013 10:07 AM

Ive been playing this on the Korean Servers and it is AWESOME! I can't wait for the English version. Still no release date yet but will be this year.

I hope they have a server close by, Im playing on a 600 ping at the moment and makes Blademaster very difficult, Force Master is pretty fun though.

Oh and when it does, I would really like to request a TOG division for this awesome MMO.

Home | Blade & Soul

Quote:

Originally Posted by xawier (Post 3675309)
Hi guys :)

Don't know if u heard about this awesome new game from ncsoft. I am personally looking forward for it and would love to have some TOG companions. On this day the game is in translation process to be released for US/EU probably early 2013.

Official website:
News | Blade & Soul

anyone interested ? :)

FiraB 12th January 2013 12:59 PM

Play the KR version, Force master.

I probably won't move to the english server though, planning on moving to archeage when it goes live. However saying that it is a good game, it's a lot like tera but without the hiccups with endgame.

Bluesteel 12th January 2013 05:28 PM

Wow is Archeage coming to the West?? It really looks amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiraB (Post 3750503)
Play the KR version, Force master.

I probably won't move to the english server though, planning on moving to archeage when it goes live. However saying that it is a good game, it's a lot like tera but without the hiccups with endgame.

Nemo. 13th January 2013 03:11 AM

I do hope that they get the localisation right for the English version. It's not just about the language, though that is a big part of immersion. The whole mindset regarding how an MMO should operate is vastly different in Korea. I like the eastern trappings and flavour, but not the crazed marketing mindset and in-game gold-selling, etc. If those negative aspects are absent from B&S, and if they managed to live up to their tremendously hyped "full contact" fighting style and environment interaction, then it should be fun and I'll likely give it a go.

FiraB 13th January 2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critt (Post 3750615)
Wow is Archeage coming to the West?? It really looks amazing.

Localization is being developed along side the korean version, just the english version, chinese version and japanese versions are getting released after the korean version.

xawier 15th January 2013 03:38 AM

im very glad to see u guys interested in the game. I tried it only on a private server for few days but as u may expect most things just doesnt work there. If we will have a base of players when EU/NA servers will be up, im sure we will create a division. I would rly love to get back in touch with TOG community and meet new members i didnt have a chance to play with yet.

Bluesteel 15th January 2013 08:51 AM

Well it looks liuke thy are considering the F2P business model so Ill be in for sure, Im more excited over Neverwinter online at the moment but B&S is really going to be bad ass. I guess Ill get the best of both, Asian style and a medieval D&D style.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xawier (Post 3752022)
im very glad to see u guys interested in the game. I tried it only on a private server for few days but as u may expect most things just doesnt work there. If we will have a base of players when EU/NA servers will be up, im sure we will create a division. I would rly love to get back in touch with TOG community and meet new members i didnt have a chance to play with yet.

TheSnowedOne 20th January 2013 10:47 PM

I've been keeping an eye out on this one - we'll see how it goes but Im very hesitant to deal with NCsoft again.