Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th June 2013, 11:56 AM   #31 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3289

Cheerful

It's basically WoW with a FF wrapper, nothing more, nothing less. To some that may not be enough, for someone like me, who after playing 1.0, just wished it could be like WoW with a FF wrapper, I'm excited. There's nothing wrong with being different, as long as your different is good, and fun. Well, for me, 1.0, wasn't very good. But, I think you need to be a FF too, above all else.

ArcheAge:Nekusar:Primeval
Trimethicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14th June 2013, 10:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 436

Lurking

w00t!!! Just got selected for Beta Testing!!! There goes the weekend.......
Coddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 01:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 21

I just got a beta invite. Looking forward to giving it a spin.
Tsriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 02:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 252

Jut finished downloading, waiting for servers to come up
trickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 10:16 AM   #35 (permalink)
Division Captain
Star Trek Online
Deadly - Post: 1458

Cynical

the basic NDA has been lifted (i believe there is a restriction on the posting of videos, however).

also, a note to all those who have been participating in previous beta-test(s), even if you have not received an e-mail about this weekend's phase 3, you likely can just update your client and log in normally.

finally, there have indeed been a lot of changes since phase 2, especially as far as the starting area is concerned (see image below). as Trimethicon noted, simply playing FF as a PvE themepark is quite enough for me to be entertained for quite some time. began with the Gladiator, but keen for a go with a Thaumaturge. perhaps we can get a link shell going (or get on TS, god forbid) at the very least to chat about all the new bits in-game.

ffxiv_20130614_181858.jpg

Last edited by Mach 5; 15th June 2013 at 10:31 AM.
Mach 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 12:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 252

What server is everyone on?
trickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 10:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 23

hey guys, i put about 15 hours in to beta 3 and had a ball. I am definatly going to have a good dig on release, and i would love to hear what plans TOG has for ffxiv?
I was in TOG TERA untill gw2 released and i havnt really been involved since.

I played wow for a very long time and after playing recent games, its the graphics i cant cop any more, i want to be immersed and wow graphics dont do that for me so much.

I really loved the depth of ffxiv over the weekend and i feel that if it had TERA's combat system instead of tab targeting and massive gdc'd it would be ''Perfect'' game for me.

Last edited by gilmantor; 17th June 2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling
gilmantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 01:47 AM   #38 (permalink)

Cheerful

Its so tempting to login, I must hold off...............I was watching my son play over his shoulder, I had to walk away, I wanted to push him out of the way and start playing.
Old 17th June 2013, 01:51 AM   #39 (permalink)

Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 5 View Post
the basic NDA has been lifted (i believe there is a restriction on the posting of videos, however).

also, a note to all those who have been participating in previous beta-test(s), even if you have not received an e-mail about this weekend's phase 3, you likely can just update your client and log in normally.

finally, there have indeed been a lot of changes since phase 2, especially as far as the starting area is concerned (see image below). as Trimethicon noted, simply playing FF as a PvE themepark is quite enough for me to be entertained for quite some time. began with the Gladiator, but keen for a go with a Thaumaturge. perhaps we can get a link shell going (or get on TS, god forbid) at the very least to chat about all the new bits in-game.

Attachment 13505
Keep those screens coming Mach 5! Looks beautiful.

ArcheAge:Nekusar:Primeval
Old 17th June 2013, 05:18 AM   #40 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 41

Phase 3 has been alot of fun. Thorne and I plan to play in August. If ToG plans a link shell, that would be great. Will keep an eye on the forum to see what world has been selected.
cecec is offline   Reply With Quote