Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th November 2012, 09:38 PM   #51 (permalink)
Seraki

They are all following a format that seems to be pretty much the same for every new mmo game. If its not in at start up changes are made so they are all pretty close in function. As a player I find this very frustrating.

Old 1st December 2012, 01:41 AM   #52 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 38

No one has any time to play anymore. At least that what has happened to me. When I do go to play, the only people player are end gamers who are grinding for the next big piece of gear. I miss the early days of EQ when 50 people would be sitting in the plane of hate terrified they would be wiped. Which has me thinking, maybe the games are too easy so no one has to work together as much anymore.

I have a life sub to The Secret World and I have hardly played since the first month or so . Work, Family and all my computer time at home is sucked up with programming classes I am taking online. Maybe i just need another monitor

I am not giving up on MMORPG, but maybe there is a need for a shake up in the design of multiplayer games. I came from the FPS era of Unreal Tournament before getting sucked into EQ. I need to reflect on what made those games great and code the next big hit!

Long live multiplayer!
Koor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 03:53 AM   #53 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1423

Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koor View Post
Which has me thinking, maybe the games are too easy so no one has to work together as much anymore.
That's a big part of the picture. I certainly don't want to see all games go back to the level of difficulty that EQ was, but it would be nice to see a few more around that actually required more of a community than just a group to accomplish something in!
Old 1st December 2012, 04:32 AM   #54 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2925 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Cheerful

The problem there lies within itself. The easier the game is, the easier it is to draw players. Just look at WoW for reference. I can level a character to 90 without dying. Heck, I'd be hard pressed to die. There's no group content outside of instances, which I can even join while idling in a main city, and normally involves no chatter between group members at all.

I think on my lowest character now (55 or so rogue) I've died twice. Both have been in instances because other people have in fact no clue about what they're doing beside rush around and AoE.

Edit: For comparison; in TSW I had died about 5 times within the first two hours of playing. And I dare say it's not because I don't know how to play MMO games.

Last edited by xenoph; 1st December 2012 at 04:34 AM.
xenoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 09:32 AM   #55 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1813

Happy

Had a long post for here but unfortunately after a few lines I can never finish the cursur just sticks.

Basically not dead for me if MO,DF can keep me going while waiting for EoC.

Wondering of Trials of Ascension

Playing Archeage.
kiwiitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 09:33 AM   #56 (permalink)

Happy

cont nued

May be worth following?

Playing Archeage.
Old 1st December 2012, 11:56 AM   #57 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiitis View Post
Had a long post for here but unfortunately after a few lines I can never finish the cursur just sticks.

Basically not dead for me if MO,DF can keep me going while waiting for EoC.

Wondering of Trials of Ascension
How is Mortal now, I checked back on it like a year ago and it was still glitched and buggy as hell, have improvements been made, I had high hopes for that one.
boomer0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 02:39 PM   #58 (permalink)

Happy

Much improved I am enjoying it BUT I will refrain on commenting for now as it has just gone to an FtP/PtP style want to wait and see what happens.

Playing Archeage.
Old 1st December 2012, 08:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3367

It would be very interesting to see this same conversation played out between a bunch of 16 - 25 year olds rather than us seasoned gamers. Maybe some of us are just flogged out on mmo's? How long can you play one genre of games before they all start to feel similar? I played wow for 3 years and now I can't touch anything that requires micro management. These days all I have patience for is FPS games where there is no management and the action is always instant and never ending.
When you were growing up did you play one type of game? I didn't, I played all types until I got older and got set in my ways. Food for thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKharma View Post
God that C4 is annoying

Last edited by Juganort; 1st December 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Juganort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:46 AM   #60 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2754

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koor View Post
Which has me thinking, maybe the games are too easy so no one has to work together as much anymore.
!
This is my big problem with MMO's. They NEED to attract a big audience because they are expensive to make so they all cater to the lowest common denominator. Mind numbingly easy gameplay.

Lower the costs of development and you may see some pretty interesting games develop.

----------------
Have you ever really wanted to be a total rebel flipping tables on the enemy? - Vi themesong LOL
solarbear88 is offline   Reply With Quote