The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   MMORPG Games: The Realms (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/mmorpg-games-realms/)
-   -   Greed Monger - Anybody tracking this game? Sandbox 100% player crafted MMO (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/mmorpg-games-realms/469544-greed-monger-anybody-tracking-game-sandbox-100-player-crafted-mmo.html)

witchdr 4th December 2012 06:40 AM

Greed Monger - Anybody tracking this game? Sandbox 100% player crafted MMO

I bought some land on this game - Looks kind of interesting. All items are player-crafted, and you can buy/sell non-instanced land for real money.

Here's the Kickstarter site. Seems like it could be World of Eve without the item drops. Could be cool to have TOG City ...

Max Damage 4th December 2012 03:54 PM

Looks interesting.... an MMO with a Second Life flavour.

xenoph 4th December 2012 05:59 PM

Kickstarter ended four days ago. Bummer, this actually looks very interesting - I wouldn't have minded joining in.

Flintwick 6th December 2012 03:23 AM

I'm interested in seeing how the end up implementing so much diversity. The problem isn't allowing it graphically, its managing that level of cusomization in an MMO game. There is a reason why Minecraft isn't an MMO, and why most MMO's have reasonably limited customisation options :)

witchdr 18th December 2012 11:13 AM

The scope does seem ambitious and highly dependent on drawing a decent population, but if they get it decent (not even right), it could be fun.

Although the KS campaign is done, I would not be surprised to see them do another or have some promo later. They are still pretty early.

Ordegar 19th December 2012 07:30 PM

Looks like a simplified Xsyon.

Flintwick 19th December 2012 08:58 PM

And Xsyon seems to be doing tremendously o.0

Xsyon: Apocalypse by Notorious Games — Kickstarter

Ordegar 20th December 2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintwick (Post 3735386)
And Xsyon seems to be doing tremendously o.0

Xsyon: Apocalypse by Notorious Games — Kickstarter

What's your point?

Ordegar 20th December 2012 08:51 AM

Just to clarify...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ordegar (Post 3735314)
Looks like a simplified Xsyon.

... was purely an observation. I wasn't making any judgement one way or the other.

Flintwick 20th December 2012 10:15 AM

Only that touting great customisation on its own does not a great game make. At this time they are talking grand features with extreme customisation, without proving how that level of customisation is going to be practical in an MMO, what scale the mmo is going to be, or anything about other features they intend to have.

Xsyon was a great idea, which lacked in the implementation (and also appears to have some issues with management... who starts a kickstarter then leaves it to fester?). These guys at least seem more proactive, but with their approach of buying parcels of land and many other things in their cash shop, I have to wonder if the "greedmonger" in the title reflects more on the game, or the company making it...

But then, thats just my opinion. They may have fantastic ideas, and I look forward to seeing how it works out for them :)