Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th December 2012, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 496

Mellow
Default Istaria aka Horizons

I'm wondering if any TOGs play Istaria currently?

For those who don't know about it, Istaria was originally released in Dec. 2003 called Horizons: Empire of Istaria. Now it's still going, but has a different owner and is called Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted.

Istaria has some really amazing features, even for today's mmo standards ( player economy (the first mmo I know of that had a broker), player crafted everything, huge choice of classes, change class any time, Dragon race, etc.). The graphics are old, but actually don't look as bad as I thought they would look, considering it's the same 9 year old engine (at least I think it hasn't had an upgrade).

Currently there are 2 servers: Chaos is the normal server, and Order is the RP server. I'm playing on Chaos.

There are basically 4 ways to play the game:

Completely free forever: limited to Human race, only 1 character slot, can't own housing, only 5 slots on the broker.

Free 14 day trial: any race, 3 character slots, can't own housing, only 5 slots on the broker, time runs out after 14 days.

$10 per month: any race, 5 character slots, can't own housing, 50 broker slots.

$15 per month: any race, 7 character slots, can own housing, 150 broker slots.

There is NO COST for the client; it is free to download for any payment choice; so think of it as $15 to buy the game with a free month included .

I'm currently playing the 14 day trial, but if I keep liking it as much by the end of that I'll sub.

Links:

Main Site
Istaria MMORPG offers Free to Play F2P and is a Fantasy Online Game with Playable Dragons

Subscription details:
community.istaria.com -- Access Types

About the game
community.istaria.com -- About Istaria

Istaria Wiki
Istaria Wiki