Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th December 2012, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3558

Tired
Default Embers of Caerus weekly releases

Hi guys,

I didn't want to spam it all over, so I thought I would throw up a thread in which to share with you the weekly releases we will be putting out to the community at large.

First up, at the weekend we released a piece of lore about a location on one of our continents, Qadaroth. It is a great little tale, and really shows you why I believe our writing team is world class:

New Lore: Necropolis Bazaar news - Embers of Caerus Game - Indie DB

Its also up on our community site, but the indiedb post has slightly nicer formatting

Let me know what you think, and I will pass it on to the writer.

This weekend's release is going to be another piece of concept art for a previously unreleased creature. We are really excited to show it off, the concept team is super strong right now

Cheers!

Flint

Old 22nd December 2012, 06:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online

Tired

This weeks release is a new concept art piece for a creature of Caerus, the Grokk

There is also some associated lore:

Quote:
The brutes have eaten Yoppa. I think it might be my fault. I probably should have woken him before fleeing our camp. At least they had the decency to cook him first.

When their festivities die down, I begin my return journey to Halfrost. Until then, I dare not reveal myself. Galfrud Sevator himself commanded me to learn all I could of these beasts – my observations must reach him at all costs. Even poor Yoppa.

They call themselves Grokk. In their own tongue it means something like “people”. They’re semi-nomadic, building villages where game is plentiful, seeking fresh pastures where it is not. The strong rule. The weak obey. This much we learned from the one we took captive, before he succumbed to our interrogation. We left his body for the wolves. In hindsight, that might have been a mistake.

From a distance, Yoppa and I watched their village. I think some kind of religious celebration was underway – the whole place was garlanded with wildflowers, its walls gaudy with dyes. The Grokk elders – furred and massive – sang a slow and haunting song while the young danced. Beasts the Grokk may be, but they are not without their beauty. I confess to having been moved, my eyes smarting with icy tears.

Shortly after that a scouting party must have discovered the body of the one we killed. The mood turned ugly and Yoppa and I snuck back to our camp. I didn’t expect them to track us. We are Sevatore, after all. But again the Grokk proved more than the brutes I had taken them for. I barely escaped with my life. Thanks to poor Yoppa.

In the morning I’ll head for Halfrost. In the meantime this ice cave will conceal me, I’m sure of it. Sleep will be difficult, but I’ll have the songs of the Grokk as my lullaby. There are worse ways to drift off to sleep.
Enjoy!
Old 23rd December 2012, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online

Tired

We also have a newsletter, in case you would rather get monthly consolidated updates

EoC Community Newsletter
Old 31st December 2012, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online

Tired

The first newsletter has gone out. You can read it here:
Embers of Caerus December Newsletter

Excerpt:
Quote:
Well Met, Citizen of Caerus!

Welcome to this, our first monthly newsletter! We have a lot to cover, so this may be a sizable issue, but hopefully you all find it useful and informative!

First of all, everyone on the Forsaken Studios team hope you all have a fantastic Christmas holiday (or whatever equivalent celebration you hold), and wish you all the very best for a fantastic, fortunate and healthy 2013!
New Screenshot:

New Concept Art:

It also comes with an associated dev blog with a development update here:
Development Update - December 2012 - Blogs - Embers of Caerus

Excerpt:
Quote:
The last six months since our Kickstarter campaign have been nothing short of a rollercoaster ride. From the highs of testing out exciting new middleware options and seeing our world starting to take shape, to the lows of health and personal issues, and challenges relating to middleware integration, it has been a crazy ride. It would be a lie to say we have made as much progress as we would have liked in the last six months, but while it has truly been a trial by fire, we are still as committed as ever to bring the world the greatest open-world medieval life-simulation game it has ever seen!

This is all very fluffy information though, and I am sure you all want to know what this means in terms of the actual progress with the game’s development. I will preface this with a reminder that we are still over a year away from our Alpha goal, and much of the development at this stage is merely prototyping systems, working on architectural designs, and laying the game’s foundations.

With all that in mind however, things are progressing well, so here’s a quick update:
Old 2nd January 2013, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 519 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Chatty

I'll have to live through these postings for the time being.

I've been locked out of registering on their site for some reason. When I registered, their system didn't send me the confirmation email. When I contacted the Admins there, they tried to resend it but it never arrived. We even tried a different email addy but nothing.

So I'll have to use other resources to garner information about the project.

I hope many TOG members are accepted into the testing phases. Good luck all! -)

On a side note, another company extended me an invitation to visit their studios if I am in Los Angeles... they are looking for in-house help testing their games. I live in San Diego! -)

TQQdles™
Star Citizen: FriendlyFireTarget
Defiance: NA Server:
Dolnor EU Server: Noldor
GW2: Yak's Bend
- Dolnor Numbwit, Elondra, Festoon Turnbuckle
LOTRO: Gladden - Dolnor Numwit, Elondra Numbwit
SWTOR: Dolnor, Elondra, Noldor

Dolnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online

Tired

Which admin did you speak to? drop me a PM with the username you signed up with, and I will see about getting it sorted for you (A manual registation can be carried out in extreme circumstances, it seems some email providers such as yahoo are blocking our mails)