Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th April 2013, 11:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1571

Gave the game a try yesterday after launch. Definitely different. It has an old school gaming feel. Not as smooth as games like GW 2 - combat felt clunky, but its great seeing stalls everywhere and the cities really felt bustling with activity, not just people running around from A to B. Loved the constant war announcements and the bounty/capture announcements, that was pretty cool. Its kind of like if you gave Ultima Online the graphics from Aion with a Chinese theme. Don't expect great writing though, both the in-game writing and the website are clearly translated. I never did figure out exactly how skill improvement worked. Was nice getting so many skills right at the start, after only 2 hours or so I have a full toolbar.

The best part was not getting ganked. Definitely would have been ganked by that point in UO. Probably not my game, but I can see it appealing to someone looking for a UO-style sandbox.

Old 21st April 2013, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1370

Happy

I have been watching videos and reading a lot about the AoW recently and it's clear that this game is more than meets the eye .

Valdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 31

Dead

I was thinking of trying it out as well. Do we have a guild there?
Yögurt lvl 52 Guardian DPS
Posmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 03:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 9

Fine

Just started playing this on the Red Phoenix server. If anyone else is playing there hit me up!

The game is very refreshing and allot of fun. And a TOG guild would make it even better
Malkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 07:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 22

What is everyone's names in game? I might actually give this a try as well. in-game name is Onizuka.X on red phoenix server.
IronChefChopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 80

Amused

Liking this game, it has more complexity's than I thought on an initial view. The atmosphere/community remind me more of AC Darktide without the massive in town/stranger PK. Community is borderline friendly.
I am playing on Blue Dragon with a small group/guild of people who like to laugh and have fun, which is always a plus.
IG Erukull/Lukure
Erukul is offline   Reply With Quote