Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th January 2013, 03:12 PM   #41 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Craft Leader
Elder Scrolls Online
Deadly - Post: 2392

Dead

Signed up. That trailer looked excellent. The rogue-type character is pretty much the character I build in every ES game. Single blade, archer, stealth, med to light armor.... just needs some alchemy and illusion.

Seems like a much better version of GW2. Hopefully the guild interface is better too.

Last edited by Blue_Talon; 27th January 2013 at 03:18 PM.
Blue_Talon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27th January 2013, 03:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
The Old Republic / Star Citizen
Deadly - Post: 1579 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Goofy

They said today on their Facebook page no invites sent out yet.

SWTOR - Malvorn, Ridef {Rep} Joc'eret, Vor'nn {Imp}; SC: ohio_medic; ESO: @ohio.medic; LOTRO - Pendir, Malvorn TSW - Amunra, Bravo; Origin ID: ohiomedic
ohio.medic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 04:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1593

Amused

Beta signups aside, i like the 3 starting areas. Probably will go a Redguard in Hammerfell. I did note in a video that Skyrim will be the same size as it is in Skyrim and on the TES maps Hammerfell is quite larger than Skyrim. BUT i will not purchase until I know more about ping and any subscription fees.
Old 29th January 2013, 05:35 AM   #44 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 34

Devilish

I've been waiting for this game to come around for a long time. I'm a huge fan of Bethesda and the Elderscrolls.

I'm a few days behind the beta announcement, but I applied and got a excellent rating for acceptance.

I've been excited for this game, but after watching that trailer I'm pretty pumped for this game to hit the shelves. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a tailer like that. It was fantastic!

Here is hoping that we end up in the beta. Good luck, TOGgers.
Dnarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 03:51 PM   #45 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1310

Warhammer 40k had an amazing trailer too and that game was great until mid levels. Not saying this wont be great. I am hoping either Neverwinter or Elder Scroll will really suck so the winner will be clear to me that way I can chose which game to play without too many sleepless nights thinking about it

I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.Rodney Dangerfield
Corpeces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 04:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Craft Leader
Elder Scrolls Online

Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpeces View Post
Warhammer 40k had an amazing trailer too and that game was great until mid levels. Not saying this wont be great. I am hoping either Neverwinter or Elder Scroll will really suck so the winner will be clear to me that way I can chose which game to play without too many sleepless nights thinking about it
Neverwinter is F2P, ESO probably wont be.... if that makes your decision any easier.

My money is on ESO for the PVP and immersion factor, through Neverwinter has more lore to build on (though it is like comparing mountains, their both freakin huge) and the foundry.
Old 31st January 2013, 04:36 PM   #47 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1877 TOG Legend

Amused

ESO questing system seems a little off for me. No real direction, just wonder around and pick up a quest if you see it. Some may like it.
Old 31st January 2013, 05:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Craft Leader
Elder Scrolls Online

Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critt View Post
ESO questing system seems a little off for me. No real direction, just wonder around and pick up a quest if you see it. Some may like it.
I sunk close to 200 hours playing that way in Skyrim. From what I understand we can expect similar structure in ESO to what they had in Skyrim. I believe one of the alpha testers said the game looked and played remarkably like an online version of skyrim.

I'd like nothing better to do than trek off into the mountains looking for caves or necromancer dungeons etc etc. Its so much fun when you dont know what to expect or what you will find (or even where to go).

In one of the developer videos, they stated they wanted the 'oh shiny' effect. Where you go from place to place for the main storyline but get sidetracked and go do something else along the way. Like, walking from Point A to B and see a bloody big castle in the distance or a cave behind a waterfall or a bandit camp ..... dunno about you but my first thought is 'must explore! must loot!'....
Old 31st January 2013, 09:28 PM   #49 (permalink)
Average - Post: 129

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Talon View Post
dunno about you but my first thought is 'must explore! must loot!'....
I think there's going to be alot along these lines, one site was saying that in pre-alpha there was a hidden quest for the mages guild if you can find and collect a series of books from all around Tamriel.
Skel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 10:07 PM   #50 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Craft Leader
Elder Scrolls Online

Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skel View Post
I think there's going to be alot along these lines, one site was saying that in pre-alpha there was a hidden quest for the mages guild if you can find and collect a series of books from all around Tamriel.
Yeah saw that one too. Im expecting similar quests for theives (steal rare gems maybe), fighters (kill the big scary monsters) and dark brotherhood (kill the lords of a land or a contract)... should be fun.