Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th February 2013, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 418
 GiantDave7's Avatar

Devilish
Default Star Conflict - Steam F2P

Anyone interested or already had a look?
GiantDave7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd March 2013, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 335

Default

TB has just done a video. Ive downloaded it but only intrested if theres a decent oceanic community.

? WTF Is... - Star Conflict ? - YouTube
Ange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3047

Amused
Default

doesnt look like a MMOG.
__________________

GMT+10:00 (Sydney) See my game projects.
Star Citizen: DRAKE Cutlass (Salvage/Pirate!),
Aegis Dynamics Retaliator (Bomber)
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 418
 GiantDave7's Avatar

Devilish
Default

It's an mmog in the same way world of tanks is. Guess it depends on how you define mmog.
GiantDave7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3047

Amused
Default

i call world of tanks a multiplayer game with a lobby. otherwise an old game like starcraft could've been considered a "mmog"

either way just make sure people understand that you dont get persistent worlds to fly around in like eve.
__________________

GMT+10:00 (Sydney) See my game projects.
Star Citizen: DRAKE Cutlass (Salvage/Pirate!),
Aegis Dynamics Retaliator (Bomber)

Last edited by Pinkeh; 3rd March 2013 at 10:45 PM.
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 05:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 61
 ToxicXistance's Avatar

Paranoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantDave7 View Post
It's an mmog in the same way world of tanks is. Guess it depends on how you define mmog.

from what I have seen that pretty much sums it up
ToxicXistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 04:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1269
 Lurch's Avatar

Dead
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange View Post
Well... I don't know about this game now. I was all amped about it, until I heard TB talk about the repair costs, and his comment of... "The rich getting richer, and poor getting poorer".

So in 6 months after release, you're going to have 10% of the community, with Galactic Credits coming out of their arses, pwning the remaining 90% of tier 1 noobs.

Ummm... No, I don't need a rich mans ePeen snapping my face night after night, reminding me how crappy/poor I am at this game. I think I'll give this one a miss for now.
__________________
In the desolate grip of MMO homelessness... Waiting for something worthwhile in 2015.
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 07:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Average - Post: 148
 PhearMark's Avatar

Default

It's a fun game every once and a while, but it is very grindy (as most free to play games end up being) so unless you're dedicating a ton of time to it don't expect to get any quick returns back out of it.

In and of itself, the gameplay is interesting enough to warrant a look if you like space-based 3rd person shooters.
PhearMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +11. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0