Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th April 2013, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1877 TOG Legend

Amused

Like many people Ive been on the forever search for the next WOW. That had me for 6 to 7 years.

Old 6th April 2013, 05:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6632

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesteel View Post
Like many people Ive been on the forever search for the next WOW. That had me for 6 to 7 years.
This.
Old 6th April 2013, 08:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5346

Breezy

Quote:
Your search will be over, once blizzard/activision's next mmo is released
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 09:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1877 TOG Legend

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
Hmm when is the announcement? 2015 I expect.

Last edited by Bluesteel; 6th April 2013 at 09:04 PM.
Bluesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 81

The last two games that I spent years in were DAoC (unfortunately I came late to that game) followed by WoW. I have high hopes that the following may bring back that old skool goodness:
Camelot Unchained
Old 6th April 2013, 11:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1228

Goofy

Unlike WoW, Everquest 1 and 2 and all the other MMO's of that era it comes down to the current generation of players expecting a game to be released that is bug free, loads of end game content and friendly UI.
If the game does not have these now then you just have to log into the forums to see the new gamer generation whinge and complain, then bail in the first month cause they don't have the patience to await things to be fixed or released.

I for one remember the mmo's of old been released and they were buggy to hell and lacking content, but as it was mentioned in previous posts there were not many about, so you couldn't be too picky. Therefore the companies held onto there player's and gold mines while they had time to polish. Hence there success.

For a company to be successful these days I think they need to go the extra mile and have a completed, tested game with end content. Personally I don't care if its a so called WoW clone as this gen likes to label the games that are similar, as long as it works and is fun.

Heck I would pay to play WoW2/Everquest 3, meaning same graphics, setup etc etc. But a new release story line and area's and monsters. Obviously new mechanisms would be great. I think in Everquest 2 you can now design dungeons for the game and play them?? I think that's a great idea, player made content.

I think another flaw with MMO's is the alpha/beta stage. They seem to allow a lot of people in, and these people play it, bag it and tag it cause they don't realise what the idea of a beta is, its not a demo for the game, its helping to fix and polish.

So far the only game that has impressed me of late is Path of Exile. They are only in the Beta stage, but it is in better condition than any MMO official release I have played in years. Its nice to see a VERY small company out shing the big fella's ie Blizzard with its Diablo 3 fail release.

Holy I have dribbed on... Rant over :P

Cheers

Deadzy
Old 7th April 2013, 09:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5346

Breezy

Quote:
Hmm when is the announcement? 2015 I expect.
Announcement regarding codename Titan (Blizzard next MMO) the next Blizzcon. Remember reading around 150 staff working on the project atm.
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 10:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Administrator
Lethal - Post: 6440

Cynical

Don't rule out the fact that it may not just be the games but the players (at least in this test audience) that have changed. It strikes me that it is often your first MMO that you invest the time in. As you get more experienced as a player you tend to play the next game at a faster pace and eat through the content faster.

Just a thought
Markan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 10:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 415 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Chatty

I don't have the time to race through content. I am about 50% world complete in GW2 on my one character I play, I haven't gotten through Egypt in TSW, my top character (1 of 3) in LOTRO is only level 66, etc.

Besides, I like testing more than playing. -)

TQQdles™
Defiance: NA Server:
Dolnor EU Server: Noldor
GW2: Yak's Bend
- Dolnor Numbwit, Elondra, Festoon Turnbuckle
LOTRO: Gladden - Dolnor Numwit, Elondra Numbwit
SWTOR: Dolnor, Elondra, Noldor

Dolnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 10:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Dangerous - Post: 597

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
Don't think so, WoW 2 won't be the next WoW, its only being created because they are running out of things to put in WoW. Besides WoW has watered down their games so much for the literal elementary crowd I don't really expect anything as good from blizz as WoW use to be.

I got cousins with kids in grade school/ jr high, and as one 13 year old stated, "World of Warcraft, that is for 6th graders, I'm a 7th grader." Only thing that hooks them more then WoW in the younger ages is Minecraft.

Personally to me its the player community that keeps me in these days, if I feel like an outsider, or surrounded by emo kids I find the game leaving a sour taste in my mouth even if I really like the gameplay. That is why I joined TOG's WoT division over a year ago, I liked the game but was tired of trying to find groups that didn't let kids in who inevitable cause drama. Just wish there was more NA TOGers

Last edited by Zalzany; 7th April 2013 at 10:25 AM.
Zalzany is offline   Reply With Quote