Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th April 2013, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 15

Default Age of Wushu players

Is anyone else interested in playing Age of Wushu?

I would love to get together and play with some other toggers... Reply to this post if you are interested!

Existing TOG thread:
Age of Wushu - Sandbox martial arts mmo

Official site:
Age of Wushu - The Revolutionary Martial Arts MMO game from Snail - Play for Free Now!

Review/Preview:
Official Preview: Age of Wushu - MMO Hut

Old 9th April 2013, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1894 TOG Legend

Amused

I bought it a while back and played closed Beta but just couldn't get into it.
Old 15th May 2013, 03:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 22

Hi elyzion

I am interested in playing. I was going to roll a new character on Red Phoenix because that seems to be the newest server. Let me know.
IronChefChopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Average - Post: 143

Sleepy

I got this and the ping is horrible. anyone figured out how to play this without timing out doing basic things? The Global server is a joke haha.
Merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 07:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 13

Relaxed

I played a while ago now, a visually beautiful game, easy to play even on this old comp, with some really innovative game mechanics, new features never before seen in a mmorph, but it was nearly unplayable when I stopped & I never went back.

Age of Wushu & Age of Wulin, published by 2 different companies, are identical games, at different points in time with respect to their updates, with Wulin slightly behind Wushu.

Wushu was mishandled pretty much right from the start & players suffered a lot because of it. Some were really dedicated though, so it might be a good place to start out. I would suggest checking the "state of the game" on their forums, before downloading the game from Wushu.

Wulin had a much smaller player base to begin with, but was slowly growing over time, including some who had migrated from Wushu because overall, it was handled much better than Wushu. There was really good communication between the players & the publishers & the Mod team, whereas, at the time, there was next to none with Wushu's.

Unfortunately though, both Wushu & Wulin publishers had to deal with nearly the same set of issues. The game was badly plagued with hacks, cheats, system exploits, you name it, it was there.

I've never felt so bad for publishers of a game as I did then, especially because all of this happened so soon after launch, that it literally drove the players away, to the point that whole maps were practically empty.

Wulin definitely had more success dealing with these issues than Wushu did, but they too were struggling. So again, if I were you, I would check their forums to see how they're doing & then decide which site you want to give the game a shot on.