Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th May 2013, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 724

If anyone reading this plays EU hours, there's a thread for Rift Icewatch EU shard over here. http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...-icewatch.html

The guild is smalll right now, but hopefully the f2p change will bring more people in.

Old 21st May 2013, 02:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2755

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by morroIan View Post
Whats the PvP like in Rift for someone who's never played it?
Depends a lot on your class. When I played it was the most imbalanced I had seen in an MMO, but they may have made some improvements.

Classes with self-healing were much more powerful than those without.

There was a lot of CC.

Ranged classes ruled.

Some healing builds were so strong it would take an army to kill a healer.

It all might have changed in the last year or more. I was a big Rift fan, but found the class balance unpalatable.

----------------
Have you ever really wanted to be a total rebel flipping tables on the enemy? - Vi themesong LOL
solarbear88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karguo View Post
For any fellow Aussie (or Melbourne) Toggers... I just picked up a copy of Rift Storm Legion for only $9 in EBgames today. Was going to give it a go once it went F2P, so it was good timing.
I wonder if it's still on sale in shop (it shows as full price on EB web site).

The FTP version will include Storm Legion areas but you only get the 4 new Storm Legion souls to play if you own the expansion. JB hifi online has it at $30.99 for the boxed version and thats the cheapest I can find in Australia, all cd key stores are sold out and Steam and Trion are charging full amount.

I'll check in store tomorrow if EB has it in stock and post here in case anyone is interested.

Currently Playing: Rift - Revent, Revenarb, Revenir, Toxicara
Reven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 724

You may be able to get SL for free if you've got the time.

Raptr are currently offering the game+expansion+30 days sub. Basically you need to play with Raptr running in the background until you play enough hours to reach the reward level. If you run out of characters to level to 20 under the current f2p trial restrictions, you could always start up a new character on a different shard, then transfer them back once you get the reward.

There are a couple of rewards that don't take as long to get but they're just silly cosmetic items that you can't equip anyway as a trial player. If I was in Australia I'd go for the EB deal though: I just haven't seen an offer as good in the UK.

Editing this to add that you only get the sub if it is a new account - previous Rift owners like me get a free copy of SL and no extra game time. So the main benefit you'll get is access to the newer souls. Didn't read the small print!

Last edited by quickthorn; 23rd May 2013 at 08:19 PM.
quickthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 02:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 115

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reven View Post
I wonder if it's still on sale in shop (it shows as full price on EB web site).

The FTP version will include Storm Legion areas but you only get the 4 new Storm Legion souls to play if you own the expansion. JB hifi online has it at $30.99 for the boxed version and thats the cheapest I can find in Australia, all cd key stores are sold out and Steam and Trion are charging full amount.

I'll check in store tomorrow if EB has it in stock and post here in case anyone is interested.
Hope you do get it at that price in the physical EBgames shop. I think the original Rift box was selling at $4 but I already had that in digital CE from before. Even the salesperson was shocked at the $9 price stickered on the box I bought. I was going to buy the digital version of SL when I logged back into my Trion account, glad I decided to check the shops first.
Karguo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 350

Relaxed

With the raptr promotion, you don't even have to play the game to get enough hours to get the free SL + 30 days etc.

All you need to do is load up raptor and have rift installed.

Then start the right client and get to the character selection screen.

Alt Tab out and do something else for a day or so (or just let it run overnight) and Raptr will allocate you the time played when you exit the client.

Test it first though to make sure that Raptr has picked it up. It basically just counts how long you have the game loaded, rather than actual playtime.
JokerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 04:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
ViN
Average - Post: 135

Blah

Pretty sure when it goes F2P you can DL the full client free.
Old 23rd May 2013, 04:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks for the info on Raptr guys, EB in Blackburn (Melbourne) have it at $9 with 2 copies left so I'm heading out now to pick it up.

Old 23rd May 2013, 04:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN View Post
Pretty sure when it goes F2P you can DL the full client free.
Yeh you can download it now and play to level 20 but unless you have registered a Storm Legion key with Trion you won't have access to the extra souls and I think they'll sell them in their transaction shop for more than $9 (I have no confirmation on this).

If you intend to play but can't get a cheap key for Storm Legion then Raptr is the best deal for the extra souls.

Old 23rd May 2013, 05:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 350

Relaxed

Pretty sure that Reven is correct, the F2P version doesn't include the souls from SL and after having tried a couple out, these are definitely a lot of fun! So for $9, or a raptr promotion, you should follow through and get it before the 12th.
JokerZ is offline   Reply With Quote