Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd May 2013, 09:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reven View Post
Yeh you can download it now and play to level 20 but unless you have registered a Storm Legion key with Trion you won't have access to the extra souls and I think they'll sell them in their transaction shop for more than $9 (I have no confirmation on this).
That's what I thought too, so I snapped up one of the $9 copies from my local EB on the weekend. Some of the extra SL souls look pretty interesting so $9 was a bit of a no-brainer for me, even if I don't end up playing too much.
misterbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24th May 2013, 01:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbear View Post
That's what I thought too, so I snapped up one of the $9 copies from my local EB on the weekend. Some of the extra SL souls look pretty interesting so $9 was a bit of a no-brainer for me, even if I don't end up playing too much.
Just found out as I registered my SL key that because I am an owner of the original Rift I had to pay $14.99USD for a months sub, only new players get a months play time included with the SL key.

I played today and enjoyed levelling a new toon in the old starter areas, something seems different about the game in a good way.

Currently Playing: Rift - Revent, Revenarb, Revenir, Toxicara
Reven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 11:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reven View Post
I played today and enjoyed levelling a new toon in the old starter areas, something seems different about the game in a good way.
I started a new one Guardian side the other day, and I'm pretty sure they streamlined a few of the quests with less back and forth. Also graphics seemed slightly better than I remembered - last time I really played it much was before SWTOR was launched.
Old 24th May 2013, 03:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1851 TOG Legend

Amused

Ive never played Rift. Im downloading it now to give the lite version a try.
Old 24th May 2013, 05:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesteel View Post
Ive never played Rift. Im downloading it now to give the lite version a try.
It's definitely worth a look, they have quite a few unique ideas, public grouping for adventure quests and nearby rifts is awesome.

Currently Playing: Rift - Revent, Revenarb, Revenir, Toxicara
Reven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 07:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 89

Fine

I've also been playing a new character on the labelled Oceanic server... it's definitely more streamlined than I remembered and quite a few other players also running around doing low level rifts and the new adventures as well. So, been quite fun.
Karguo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 10:16 AM   #27 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 788 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

I resubbed to RIFT when SL launched and I still hop ingame when I have the time. It's a solid game if you like the traditional type of mechanics, and the new souls are very worth it. I might even make a new toon on the OC server to wander around with my own timezone. My main is on Wolfsbane, which is a US server (that's where we rolled when Rift first launched).

AION: Khalad - Gladiator - Lv 55 (Retired) - RIFT: Khalad - Warrior - Lv 60 - SWTOR: Khalad - Bounty Hunter - Lv 50 (retired) - Guild Wars 2: Khalad - Guardian - Lv 80 - Wildstar: Waiting - FFXIV: Khalad - Dragoon - Lv 50
jillaroo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 08:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Average - Post: 206

Chatty

Oceania player here too! Played for a month at the end of 2011 then got distracted.. saw the f2p and decided to give it another guy.

What people have been saying about Raptr is right, easy enough as a new player to just load it up, run it in the background (don't even need to play) for ~ 13 hours, and score a free copy of Rift + Storm Legion Expansion + 30 days subscription for new players.
I just got my free expansion, but no free subscription time since I'm an existing account. Considering spending $15 just to keep playing it til June 12 now I've got it loaded again heh.

The advantage of getting your free copy before it goes F2P is the extra souls (think skill trees) that you will then have to pay for, as well as extra character and bag slots that will be reduced for F2P and need to be purchased. Highly recommend giving it a go!
Malcoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 08:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Average - Post: 206

Chatty

Accidentally posted in the lonely 'Rift archive' section before, missed this thread. I'll add the Oceania players that have listed here. Is there still a TOG guild in existence on Oceania?

Can add me, I'm Guardian on Laethys: Godsock

By the way, for anyone new wanting to give it a go and score their free copy through Raptr before it goes F2P, you can trial it through the Ascend-a-Friend program which gives you and the player who refers you a few bonuses.. including teleporting to each other and a +xp boost for low levels. Here's my link if anyone wanted to trial through it:
https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Last edited by Malcoholic; 25th May 2013 at 11:59 PM.
Malcoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 09:13 AM   #30 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 409

Buzzed

I'm downloading this now, are all TOG players playing the Guardian faction?
morroIan is offline   Reply With Quote