Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th June 2013, 09:31 AM   #31 (permalink)
Average - Post: 162

Sick

Faction isn't an issue when it comes to channel chat and guilds any more I believe. I know I am certainly seeing the same [silly] people in 1-29 chat no matter which side I am playing on!

Old 9th June 2013, 03:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by morroIan View Post
I'm downloading this now, are all TOG players playing the Guardian faction?
I'm Guardian on Laethys, Kass is right you can join any guild no matter which faction but even on a PVE server you can pvp flag yourself by attacking rival faction players or NPC's.

Not sure how they handle cross faction partying though.

Currently Playing: Rift - Revent, Revenarb, Revenir, Toxicara
Reven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 09:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 789 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

Cross faction grouping is the same grouping as any other group now, least on the pve servers. Dunno about the pvp servers as I don't roll on them. Dungeon que's pull from both factions as well, so faster pop times.

AION: Khalad - Gladiator - Lv 55 (Retired) - RIFT: Khalad - Warrior - Lv 60 - SWTOR: Khalad - Bounty Hunter - Lv 50 (retired) - Guild Wars 2: Khalad - Guardian - Lv 80 - Wildstar: Waiting - FFXIV: Khalad - Dragoon - Lv 50
jillaroo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 09:25 AM   #34 (permalink)
Average - Post: 206

Chatty

You can have cross-faction parties for non-instanced events in the PVE world too, for example zone invasions or instant adventures. Just be careful not to accidentally target the yellow neutral player in party from the opposing faction by accident. That gets you flagged for PvP, booted out of cross-faction parties, and generally killed pretty quickly. Flag doesn't reset for 5 minutes.

Trust me. I do it pretty much every zone event in enemy faction territory

What are some character names here? I'm committed to another guild now but would still like to play with other TOG players.
I'm Godsock on Laethys.
Malcoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 10:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Average - Post: 162

Sick

If you jump into the MMO Tavern there are a few threads floating around about Rift in there
Old 23rd June 2013, 11:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 116

Pensive

I decided to have a look at Rift now it is f2p. Played in beta but decided I couldn't afford it and never bought the game when it went live. However, the toons I had during beta joined the TOG guild on Blightweald and when i logged in for the first time recently I discovered I was the guild master

There were still one or two people who had been online within the last week or two but mostly the guild was full of high level toons that hadn't been active for up to 2 years.

It's a level 11 guild which means a few perks including a vault ... so I am hanging onto it for the time being. I will be around for at least 3 months - maybe longer if I enjoy it.

Last edited by necrond; 24th June 2013 at 03:35 AM.
necrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 01:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 733 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Lurking

I am returning to Rift as well and so far I am enjoying it. I will look you up necrond for an invite when I've sorted out which characters I want to play on Laethys.

On a side note, I also re-opened my SWTOR account now it is F2P and the experience was like chalk and cheese.

Rift - 10Gb download, wait until 3GB and then start playing. So quick and easy. Time from install to play - 2 hours.

SWTOR. Wait 8 hours for download and install. Sh*ts itself while installing with no error code. Go online to find a fix; Fix it and re-install (thank god not re-download). Log on, but requires verification code sent to my e-mail. Verification code arrives at my e-mail address *2 hours* later and has expired...

In short, I'll be playing Rift

Last edited by SnorriHT; 27th June 2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling
SnorriHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 11:13 PM   #38 (permalink)

Pensive

Hi Snorri

Just to let you know ... there is only me playing in the Telaran Old Guard .. I am only keeping it going because its a shame to waste level 11 perks and a guild bank.

I am rolling up other toons and joining the official TOG guild which is over on the Gelidra (?) server. Think they are The Old Grudge.. look out for Rourke. I'm still waiting for my purchase of Rift vanilla to arrive before I get stuck in but if you decide to create a character on Gelidra and can't find TOG then give me a whisper ... Gordo

Here's Rourke on these forums ... http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...eon-night.html

Last edited by necrond; 10th July 2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: added info
necrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 07:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3496 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Relaxed

Hi, ill keep an eye out for the pair of you should you both decide to join us on Gelidra. You can get a guild invite via the guild finder, and the invite will appear in the post soon as I can get online and click accept. Im usually on from 6pm til late every night.

Hope to catch you online soon.

[Edit] Just noticed Snorri is an Aussie, so I'm guessing you'll be heading to Laethys.

Last edited by Rourke; 11th July 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Rourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 03:41 AM   #40 (permalink)

Pensive

Finally got my software through the post. Now have 6 alts on Gelidra. I'll try and catch up with you Rourke.

Deathtouch - Destra - Shadders - Snypes to name but a few.