Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th June 2013, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 13

Default Is TOG a good home for US gamers?

Same as title. Seems like a good question since the guild is Aussie based. I am interested in joining as an olde busy gamer.

PapaJimb0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17th June 2013, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1446 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Cynical

TOG is worldwide, there are always lots of US based players around.
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Elder Scrolls Online
Deadly - Post: 1373

Drunk

TOG was founded in Aus by a German and we have grown worldwide now, most games we play have a US/oceanic Guild sometimes split if we have our own servers Down under and a EU guild.
The MMO's that have AUS/US mixed in together normally have two separate raid groups to match the different time zones, but also allows the people that play off peak times to there own zone to have a chance to group up.
Old 17th June 2013, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Division Captain
The Elder Scrolls Online
Deadly - Post: 2264

Hot

You mean to tell me this is an Australian guild?!?! Since when???

hehe :P
Thymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Dangerous - Post: 585

Lurking

I've been playing the wrong divisions lol. I am in Aussie heavy divisions but I still have fun, had to change my sleep schedule a bit to squeeze in working a 9-5 though.
Old 18th June 2013, 04:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3202

Cheerful

I've been in TOG since May 2004, I have been in over 12 TOG MMO guilds, this community, is without a doubt the best gaming community I have ever seen. The Older Gamers is based in Australia, that is where it started, but by no means is it a non-USA gaming community. Its roughly a 45/55 split is most games, but I don't mind at all since I love gaming with Aussies.

Obzedat - Exile Stalker, Wildstar (NAOC)
Trimethicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 06:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1324

Psychedelic

This Massachusetts gamer says yes!
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Division Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 3391 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Tired

With TOG I've played alongside US, EU and Oceanic players in the years I've been here. We're definitely *not* Australian centric - perhaps the Aussies are just more outspoken about their nationality =)
Old 13th July 2013, 07:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 400

Chatty

[blah, blah, blah]
I live in San Diego, California. The Older Gamers is a perfect home for me. Over the years, I've joined quite a few North American guilds. In almost every case (except 1), NA guilds are full of a**hats who imitate Guild Officers & Elite members. And they were constantly filled with drama. I've been banned from a few and have been removed from in-game guilds for speaking my mind when I saw officers doing things that were against their official guidelines...but because they were officers, I was banned. And I reported the offences in private messages to the guild leaders...never posted them in the forums.

Since TOG is an official non-profit organization, they have to follow much stricter rules. But these people are actually much less strict and a lot more fairer. The things I reported about officers in other guilds wouldn't get me banned here...I would be thanked for reporting the behavior. Are all the TOG officers/leaders saints? Heck no. But most of their issues are dealt in private meetings and are decided over time by all the officers...not just 1 or 2 leaders. This is the kind of guild I would rather join than one with "God-complexes".

Now, granted... TOG doesn't permit trolling/spamming. For example: While I can state that Snowbull is a frustrated arm-chair movie director and AlphaGamma is just plain looney...I won't be banned for it in an instant. I'll be asked why I said those things and it would all be worked out. The reason why I don't say those things, except as examples, is because both of those people would probably come back with funny and put-you-in-your-place zingers that would show the world how stupid I actually am. Issues are usually dealt with humor and everyone goes back to enjoying the games/forums. In fact, I think one of the requirements of an officer/leader is a huge sense of humor!

So, yeah, if you like a fun, fair, funny, fantastic (sorry, 4 f's are my limit) guild, then TOG is best suited for you.

[/blah, blah, blah]

TQQdles,

Dolnor Nubwit
Eternal Newbie
Defiance: NA Server:
Dolnor EU Server: Noldor
GW2: Yak's Bend
- Dolnor Numbwit, Elondra, Festoon Turnbuckle
LOTRO: Gladden - Dolnor Numwit, Elondra Numbwit
SWTOR: Dolnor, Elondra, Noldor

Dolnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5914

Yeehaw

Overall, yes.
Good people.
Organized game settings.
Good structure.
Cheers to father.

4 of 5 stars.
Sytes is offline   Reply With Quote