Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms

MMORPG Games: The Realms Public discussion forum for all MMORPG games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2015, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 45

Lurking
Default Massively Coming Back

I hope it's ok to post this. I don't know what site other people use(d) for their MMO news, but I was always a fan of Massively.com. When I was getting tired of WoW, I started noticing their articles on WoW Insider more and more. I'd already played maybe 5 MMOs by that point (either in beta or for years in launch), but never really paid attention to more than 2 MMOs at a time: my current affair, and my next misstress.

Massively changed that for me. The writers there didn't seem like a bunch of suits. They said things that were real. They had their "carebears," something I feel most PR driven sites won't admit, but they also had PvP guys who enjoyed the thrill of the hunt, not just going out for e-tears. Though I enjoyed Joystiq as well, for many years, I used them mostly because they were more neutral than other sites and felt trustworthy because of that. Massively, to me, was the only MMO site I felt I could truly trust.

And then this happened. I know, I'm late on the news a bit due to some RL problems. Still, no one mentioned it here, so I thought I would. These guys have good ethical standards plus one of the better blogging communities. I thought maybe some fellow TOGers would be interested at least in the news of their Kickstarter.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th February 2015, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 12

Thanks for the info about them coming back and the Kickstarter link. Much appreciated.
faroutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 01:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1387

Happy

Massively.com have been my main MMO source for the past 4 years.I'm glad that they found a way to be back

Valdur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
massively, massively.com, massivelyop.com