Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Pen and paper games

Pen and paper games Discuss ADND, Warhammer and other PnP games here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th July 2008, 06:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 568

Confused
Default A Touch of Evil

I received information about this from a local forum:

A Touch of Evil, The Supernatural Game | BoardGameGeek
paenggoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th July 2008, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Elite - Post: 4473

I will keep that one in mind for our next round of game purchases. I quite like Last Night on Earth, which was their first game release. Concept wise, this one sounds very similar to Arkham Horror.
Their decision to have all the images/cards etc done via costumes and real photos instead of drawings is an interesting choice, and I like the way they have done it. Use of smoke and lighting have made the photos really set the scene.
Their miniatures are nicely sculpted as well. I painted up all the heros from LNoE, and these ones look equaly impressive.
The only thing I didn't like about LNoE was the Sound track CD that came with the game. I was expecting it to at least be atmosphere setting zombie music, but it had nothing to do with the game. Just felt like they were doing a favor for a friend by flogging their CD along with the game. I didn't like that the cost of the game would have been increased because the CD was included.

I was just about to make a comment about how they support you with additional free addons for their games via their website, but just went there and noticed they havn't even updated it to show the new expansion for LNoE (released a few months ago), and have nothing about A Touch of Evil. Up until Christmas they were regularly updating the web site with new scenarios and character sheets you could download and print out. Its a bit concerning that they had continual updates showing the progress of the expansion, but couldn't even put up a post to say it had been released.

Marvel Heroes - TOGBlackIce
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote