The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Pen and paper games (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/pen-paper-games/)
-   -   Wanted! 1st Edition ADnD DM Guide. (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/pen-paper-games/261370-wanted-1st-edition-adnd-dm-guide.html)

gruffmanton 24th September 2009 06:28 PM

Wanted! 1st Edition ADnD DM Guide.

Hi all, I could not find a buy/sell section on the site so if this is in the wrong spot I apologize.

I am hunting down a copy of the ADnD Dungeon Masters Guide (first edition). I have just started playing again after 20 years and am ruing the day I gave away all my books. If anyone has any ideas where i can hunt one down I would be very grateful. I have had a look on ebay and it is avail but I would rather throw a few buck an Aussies way if I could.

Thanks in advance.

fantomas 25th September 2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruffmanton (Post 2530752)
Hi all, I could not find a buy/sell section on the site so if this is in the wrong spot I apologize.

I am hunting down a copy of the ADnD Dungeon Masters Guide (first edition). I have just started playing again after 20 years and am ruing the day I gave away all my books. If anyone has any ideas where i can hunt one down I would be very grateful. I have had a look on ebay and it is avail but I would rather throw a few buck an Aussies way if I could.

Thanks in advance.

From your profile I see you are in Melbourne. Try Mind Games in Swanston St in the city & Mil Sims (has a shop in Bentleigh, can by from them online). Both have second hand sections. Alternate Worlds in Chapel st Windsor used to sell RPGs, don't know if they still do.

C4 25th September 2009 11:10 AM

I had 1st/2nd edition books that I left at my parents when I moved out 10yrs ago, unfortunately I think they binned em when converting my old room :(

Good luck with your search.

gruffmanton 28th September 2009 03:26 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. I tried mind games, also Alt Worlds. I will have a look at Mil Sims. I found a pretty beat up 1st Edit. DMG at a second hand book shop but it has some pages missing. I will keep hunting.

Again, thanks for the replys.

King_Rocket 28th September 2009 03:52 PM

Check out this site ABE Books

gruffmanton 2nd October 2009 07:57 PM

Thanks King_Rocket,

I just had a look, plenty out there.

Off Topic, I see the Blood Bowl info in you sig area, how do you rate the game, I am thinking about starting up with a few pals...

Thanks again!

King_Rocket 2nd October 2009 09:08 PM

If you played the Table Top and loved it then it really is a must have purchase. It's still early days and there are a few odd things here and there but they are issuing patches on a regular basis.

We are always looking for new players the Blood Bowl Forum just got granted Division status so there has never been a better time to buy it. :)

Retail boxes hit aussie stores later this month if you don't want to grab the Digital Download version. Games Warehouse have got a preorder page. [Link]

As they are sponsors of TOG you might want to click through from the TOG site and buy it there.