Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Pen and paper games

Pen and paper games Discuss ADND, Warhammer and other PnP games here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th September 2009, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

Default Wanted! 1st Edition ADnD DM Guide.

Hi all, I could not find a buy/sell section on the site so if this is in the wrong spot I apologize.

I am hunting down a copy of the ADnD Dungeon Masters Guide (first edition). I have just started playing again after 20 years and am ruing the day I gave away all my books. If anyone has any ideas where i can hunt one down I would be very grateful. I have had a look on ebay and it is avail but I would rather throw a few buck an Aussies way if I could.

Thanks in advance.
gruffmanton is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th September 2009, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 776 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruffmanton View Post
Hi all, I could not find a buy/sell section on the site so if this is in the wrong spot I apologize.

I am hunting down a copy of the ADnD Dungeon Masters Guide (first edition). I have just started playing again after 20 years and am ruing the day I gave away all my books. If anyone has any ideas where i can hunt one down I would be very grateful. I have had a look on ebay and it is avail but I would rather throw a few buck an Aussies way if I could.

Thanks in advance.
From your profile I see you are in Melbourne. Try Mind Games in Swanston St in the city & Mil Sims (has a shop in Bentleigh, can by from them online). Both have second hand sections. Alternate Worlds in Chapel st Windsor used to sell RPGs, don't know if they still do.
fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5343

Breezy

I had 1st/2nd edition books that I left at my parents when I moved out 10yrs ago, unfortunately I think they binned em when converting my old room

Good luck with your search.
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the tips guys. I tried mind games, also Alt Worlds. I will have a look at Mil Sims. I found a pretty beat up 1st Edit. DMG at a second hand book shop but it has some pages missing. I will keep hunting.

Again, thanks for the replys.
Old 28th September 2009, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

Check out this site ABE Books

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks King_Rocket,

I just had a look, plenty out there.

Off Topic, I see the Blood Bowl info in you sig area, how do you rate the game, I am thinking about starting up with a few pals...

Thanks again!
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

If you played the Table Top and loved it then it really is a must have purchase. It's still early days and there are a few odd things here and there but they are issuing patches on a regular basis.

We are always looking for new players the Blood Bowl Forum just got granted Division status so there has never been a better time to buy it.

Retail boxes hit aussie stores later this month if you don't want to grab the Digital Download version. Games Warehouse have got a preorder page. [Link]

As they are sponsors of TOG you might want to click through from the TOG site and buy it there.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote