Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Pen and paper games

Pen and paper games Discuss ADND, Warhammer and other PnP games here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th May 2010, 08:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 417

Devilish

I'm interested but unfoirtunately dont have access to the 4th edition books at the moment.
Can I get away with using the basic rulebooks and character planer on the D&D website?
I'd love to join in.
GiantDave7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd May 2010, 02:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Journalist
Dangerous - Post: 680

Sleepy

I'd be interested, but it'd have to be after work WST or on a weekend.
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 57

Brooding

this still going on or planning to happen? i'd love to get in on it, got a teifling warlock ready to go
Stoec Arasai 21-Defiler
Sreul Ogre 13-Berserker
Striust Arasai 14-Warlock

Pungan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2011, 09:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Division Captain
Average - Post: 238

I just had a look at maptool and it looks very good, with voice chat dnd is very playable.
Old 6th March 2011, 09:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 417

Devilish

Well if someone wanted to get this off the ground I'd be happy to join in. My fiancee would probably be interested in having a look too
GiantDave7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 10:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 119

Mellow

I'd love to join in to, not played D&D since the 3rd Ed came out.
Only problem i have is like some of the others here , and thats the time.
10am -1pm AEST is 2am - 5am for me,
Old 10th August 2011, 03:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Arma III Little Blue Man
Guru - Post: 12590 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lonely

I've been a roleplayer for nearly 30 years, starting with 1st Ed. Basic D&D. I haven't played AD&D since 2nd edition, but I'd be keen to get involved in something like this.

I am also about 90% through writing my own game. It's on its fourth and final rewrite. When it's done I'll be looking for some play testers, and can see some real value in doing it via TeamSpeak.
Old 27th September 2011, 05:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 119

Mellow

I'm currently GM'ing on RPGTonight, for the "living Game"(LG) feel free to sigh up and join in. theres are 5 GM's running LG, each GM runs one of the noble houses.

Valterra Online is an attempt to create an online pen and paper RPG style MMO game. It is an attempt to bring real time interaction on a massive scale to pen and paper style “living games.” It is an attempt to bring the “feel” of a big doorstopper fantasy novel to gaming, where players do things that effect the course of history in the game world in their own unique ways, in terms both big and small, instead of going on the same quests that everybody else goes on. But those are approximate analogies.

The world and society of Valterra Online are influenced by the “Song of Ice an Fire” series by G. R. R. Martin, and the “Malazan Book of the Fallen” series by Stephen Ericson, plus the numerous tropes of late 20th century/early 21st century fantasy as expressed in novels, PC games, MMORPGs, etc. etc. As in most of these sources, the world is going about its business, with its usual political plots, wars,assassinations, and so forth, but in the background, vast, powerful, ancient, and unseen forces are gathering in ways that will profoundly effect the history of the world and fortunes of its inhabitants. To discover these hidden forces and what they are up to, and then proceed to fight against them (or with them?) will require investigation and piecing together and sharing of information by large numbers of PCs. And whatever knowledge and plots the PCs uncover at first will only be one layer of the onion.Those who have played in a Call of Cthulhu campaign will be familiar with the type of multilayered investigation and piecing together of mysteries that will be happening in the background of this game. Yet there will be plenty of time to earn loot by crawling through dungeons, getting oneself hired to do nefarious deeds for nobles or other political factions, saving towns from bandits, and all the other stuff that normally goes on in an RPG campaign.
Old 3rd October 2011, 01:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2162

Angelic

You could also try Rondak's Portal Rondak's Portal - What do you want to play today?
I've used that one before in the past. Though that was for a pseudo - turn based experience of AD&D. Been a while since I've lurked around there so they might have some new features.
SpartanGrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 07:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 91

Amused

I have 8 of the first 4th ed books that i dont use anymore. I wanna sell cuz I'm currently playing Pathfinder instead.

If you guys know anyone that might be interested I'm happy to sell cheap.

Books:
PHB, DMG, MM, Martial Power, Manual of the planes, Adv Vault, Forgotten Realms Campaign setting and Players Guide.
Nearly not used.

Pm for details.

Ps.
I live in Norway
Rift (Retired) - Xunaia (Cleric) [Telaran Old Guard] [EU Blightweald PvE]
AoC (Retired) - Xyvanilyx (ToS) [Dawnsong] [EU Crom PvE]
X_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote