Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Pen and paper games

Pen and paper games Discuss ADND, Warhammer and other PnP games here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th August 2010, 01:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4470 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Yeah, I've done my best to avoid spoilers in the books (almost finished with Proven Guilty now). It's been difficult, and a few have slipped past me, but it hasn't ruined the books or the surprise of "Oh damn! This is that spoiler I read!"

I had my first session last night - well, the first where we played our characters instead of working on character and city creation. It was a blast! The system is relatively simple and allows for a really huge amount of player-driven storytelling. It helps that the other 4 players and the game master are also good storytellers too.

I will say that combat can be very, very DEADLY (very, very fast). One player was taken out in two rounds in hand-to-hand with a ghoul (albeit through a series of poor decisions and bad dice rolls). Thankfully the GM was merciful and didn't want to kill off a character right away in the first session. So he turned the character's survival into a very cool (and disturbing) story arc that will be explored in future sessions.

My first impression is really good and I think this is going to be a fun system to play long-term.

Last edited by Zhul; 18th August 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Zhul is offline   Reply With Quote