The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Pen and paper games (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/pen-paper-games/)
-   -   Interesting Information on Miniatures Offer (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/pen-paper-games/450759-interesting-information-miniatures-offer.html)

redsatyr1228 21st August 2012 01:09 AM

Interesting Information on Miniatures Offer

ALCON,

Just wanted to take a moment to let those of you in the PnP games forum know that there is a kickstarter going on right now from Reaper Miniatures for their "Bones" line of minis. Note: This kickstarter will be funded as of 25 Aug 2012.

It appears to be a very good value for anyone who might be interested in expanding their collection of miniatures. (One pledge level has about 184 minis for $100, with more being added as they reach their stretch goals )

Check out the kickstarter here: Reaper Miniatures Bones: An Evolution Of Gaming Miniatures by Reaper Miniatures — Kickstarter

(Note 2: I have run this information through the admin section and to Father, who have given permission for me to post - Thank you for your assistance, Ulric!! :))

Redsatyr1228

Warshadow 21st August 2012 03:41 AM

Wow, that looks awsome. I'm on the fence about this, but if they had CoC style investigators I would definately be decided.

redsatyr1228 21st August 2012 12:36 PM

LOL. My problem is that all of them look so good, I can't seem to limit myself on what to get. I had to break down and do a spreadsheet to track what was there and show what the unit price and all that was.

redsatyr1228 22nd August 2012 01:05 AM

Bump for visibility, due to short time span of kickstarter

Warshadow 22nd August 2012 06:47 AM

They do indeed all look incredible, I haven't painted any minis since high school but these have got my attention for sure. The big problem I find with minis is either they are a decent price and poor quality, or too highly priced and good quality. These however seem to strike that perfect balance as far as getting in on this deal goes. From what they show it's an amazing deal, I imagine I will likely fold in the next day or two and throw my money at them.

redsatyr1228 22nd August 2012 12:12 PM

I used to paint models all the time, even have some of the Prince August molds for making my own. I've bought some of the lead Reaper models, and from what I can tell of the Bones line from pictures on their website, they are of the same quality, just made of plastic (which I was a little dubious of to begin with). I have every intention of throwing them some money, just have to get the spreadsheet worked out so I know how much to throw...LOL

Warshadow 22nd August 2012 01:02 PM

So I actually caved a few hours ago. I figure why not, thats what disposable income is for anyways right? It will be nice to paint some miniatures again.

redsatyr1228 22nd August 2012 02:34 PM

Yeah, although 'm going to spend all of my disposable income for a long time with this...LOL.

redsatyr1228 23rd August 2012 07:18 PM

Bump for visibility, only 61 hours left.

Warshadow 25th August 2012 05:42 AM

Bump, 27 hours to go.