The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Pen and paper games (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/pen-paper-games/)
-   -   Pathfinder starting roll20 / possibly meetup in Adelaide (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/pen-paper-games/510608-pathfinder-starting-roll20-possibly-meetup-adelaide.html)

Traiel 10th September 2013 10:43 PM

Pathfinder starting roll20 / possibly meetup in Adelaide

Hey guys, about to start a campaign in pathfinder D&D...

We had 4 but 4th had to quit, so we are looking for 1 more (myself and AdzDooM)

We are going to be starting by finishing off the beginner box (we have a new player, and I am relatively new to DM'ng) and then moving onto our own campaign (probably Rise of the Runelords, or my own, but open to discussion)

We are in Adelaide, so if you are from Adelaide, we will also be doing meetups every now and then to do it properly!

Doesnt matter how experienced or not you are, happy to help out.

We will be starting tomorrow night at 7pm (central Aus time) so let us know!

Cheers

Metalstorm1970 12th September 2013 03:37 PM

Cheers for letting me join in with this Traiel! Great fun. The Roll 20 + Google Hangout solution worked pretty well!

Spinn 18th September 2013 04:15 PM

Sounds like you guys had a bit of fun.
Maybe you need to stream the activity so people like me can watch :)

Traiel 18th September 2013 10:58 PM

Yeah, i've been enjoying others who have put theirs up on youtube... wonder how hard it is to set up... but Spinn.. who would you say are people like you? :P

And thanks Metal, loved the parables you pulled out of thin air, was great to have you along!

Rolling characters this Sunday.. and from what i've heard its gonna be a bunch of characters fused together who have strong cultural, racial and background.. differences :P

And Roll20 works amazingly well and quickly, might consider becoming a member to get dynamic lighting happening in the maps.

Spinn 19th September 2013 08:52 AM

People like me = People who like to play D&D but don't currently have the free time to play it.

I really enjoy D&D.. building a character and developing it.. playing it over the course of campaigns and the dynamic between people (especially when they dont get along).

Metalstorm1970 19th September 2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinn (Post 3910427)
Sounds like you guys had a bit of fun.
Maybe you need to stream the activity so people like me can watch :)

Hmm... that could be something different - livestreaming a Google hangout of 5 people in a room all with laptops and their speakers muted over Twitch.TV. Link the Roll20 session into the hangout and make it public access rather than invite only.

:bigthumbsup:

Only - how do we get the watchers to top up our glasses for us? I guess they'll have to send us booze in advance. Or perhaps we need to set up a paypal donation button? ;)