Old 27th June 2012, 10:04 AM   #111 (permalink)
Average - Post: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horror View Post
Its a PC game. Planetside 2 just abbreviates to PS2, which causes unfortunate confusion with Playstation 2...
Thanks TH. In that case, I am looking forward to buying the game, and playing it with TOG.

Old 27th June 2012, 11:55 AM   #112 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 983

New overview video
PlanetSide2 - YouTube

One amazing feature of their stat tracking website/mobile (android and ios) thing is you can VOIP chat to your friends that are playing. I foresee much loss of productivity in my future.

So... I think the beta is getting close enough now, and the old PS1 vets (of which I'm sadly not one of, for the record) are getting on board so we might even consider figuring out how we (as in TOG) are going to tackle this. Might be time to start some threads.

Uplay: noremac2020 (add me!!) Warframe: FRIENDLYUNIT
---
This disclaimer has been automatically added.
FRIENDLYUNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 12:04 PM   #113 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan666 View Post
Thanks TH. In that case, I am looking forward to buying the game, and playing it with TOG.
You wont have to buy it. It will be free to download and play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIENDLYUNIT View Post
So... I think the beta is getting close enough now, and the old PS1 vets (of which I'm sadly not one of, for the record) are getting on board so we might even consider figuring out how we (as in TOG) are going to tackle this. Might be time to start some threads.
Once people sign the NDA they probably wont be able to say they are in beta. Chances are the game itself will only come out sometime around Christmas, and only if the beta runs smoothly.

I am also not a PS1 vet, and only have a Twitter key. That means I am only in the second round of entry for beta. First round will be PS1 vets and people with PC gamer keys. Third round will be people without keys who signed up through the website. Chances are that by the time they get to that last round that the game will be about to go into open beta.

When it comes to organising TOG, I think the first thing that needs to be settled is if this game will go in the MMORPG forums or in the FPS forums. At least then we can make sure the threads are in one place.

I have always been primarily a FPS gamer so I vote FPS forums...

Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade referral link for 4k store points.

Last edited by The Horror; 27th June 2012 at 12:08 PM.
The Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 08:58 PM   #114 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3546

Tired

But its an MMOFPS, therefore it goes into the MMO forum. Otherwise you could argue that MMORPG's could go into the RPG forum, or MMORTS go into the RTS forum

I'm a Vet, and I got keys at E3 this year, so before I can't say I am in, I will be in the Beta
Old 4th July 2012, 09:19 AM   #115 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2659

Question

Hi Guys,

Although I applied for the beta through the website and I'm also a "Planetside" vet. (currently playing on my 45 free days period)

I have two questions, which is will TOG be playing the "New Conglomerate" when PS2 goes live?

More over if a beta guild does develop which can not be stated publicly in the forum site here at TOG. But technically could via private messaging as a form of organizing here at the TOG site or on the official game beta forum. Will such a theoretical TOG beta guild also go "New Conglomerate" or some other faction?

(The 2nd question was long winded since i needed to set it up properly due to future NDA restrictions)

PS: Technically this thread belongs on the "Free to Shoot" message board. Just like its SOE counterpart "Bullet Run".

Last edited by Atrayo; 4th July 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 12:44 PM   #116 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrayo View Post
I have two questions, which is will TOG be playing the "New Conglomerate" when PS2 goes live?

More over if a beta guild does develop which can not be stated publicly in the forum site here at TOG. But technically could via private messaging as a form of organizing here at the TOG site or on the official game beta forum. Will such a theoretical TOG beta guild also go "New Conglomerate" or some other faction?
Without a doubt. TOG used to play NC, and it will do so again.

During the beta I imagine that all factions will get tried, but from the interested people posting so far it seems that NC will be the most popular faction in TOG (for the beta).

I have a beta key through Twitter, so I will be getting in after you sometime. When (if) I get in I will drop a pm to the people who are PS1 vets and see what is going on...

Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade referral link for 4k store points.
The Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 07:30 AM   #117 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4466

Yeehaw

yup we better go NC!!! Geckos for life hommies!! Seriously though I dont think we have any offical word..but all of us onld PS1 vets played for the NC and our outfit was the Geckos. i hope it will be again in PS2.

Also for those of you on FB and planing on playing the or any other SoE game check out the Atrayos post in this forum. If we can get 50 of us into a "virtual facebook" outfit we can get some rewards.

Unofficially of course...those that cant "officially" say...see ya in the beta gentleman and hope to kill as many TR and VS scum we can!

Cheers,
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 06:12 PM   #118 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2659

Hi Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool
yup we better go NC!!! Geckos for life hommies!! Seriously though I dont think we have any offical word..but all of us onld PS1 vets played for the NC and our outfit was the Geckos. i hope it will be again in PS2.
Speaking of which so far around 7 of us (including myself) have utilized the SOE free 30 day period for playing Planetside. (names in no particular order: ColRipper, Sarvak, Dabinger, Rhyse-M, CaptMandrake, CptCrusader, Bracksen, FlintwickTOG, and Atrayo)

I also noticed "Legion of the Damned" or LotD is still playing, which way back when they were a friend of our in-game clan. They remember us and some of us have squaded up with them in-game to form platoons. (like a raid group) LordReaver and StoneRhino are two of their names that pop out to me, but there are a few others as well.

I like giving LordReaver an excuse to state on the global channel their clan slogan of: "Blood for Blood God Emperor".

Last edited by Atrayo; 11th July 2012 at 09:18 AM.
Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 01:50 AM   #119 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4466

Yeehaw

Ahh yes I remember LotD...If memory serves they had a guy that was a wicked commander. He would stay above the battle in aircraft and pretty much designate the entire battle from the air. Those that paid attention and followed his orders... usually won that campaign. I think it might have been LordReaver but I'm not sure about that.

Glad to hear the TOG name is still in good standing even after all these years. I'm really looking forward to our return to PS2!!

Cheers,
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 01:11 PM   #120 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5343

Breezy

wish the beta would come out already!!!
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote