Old 13th July 2011, 11:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3546

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimahi View Post
Sounds good although the irony of no one dying in the trailer is this part in the new article

'The lethality of weapons is being increased, and the general pacing of combat is being sped up to be more in line with modern shooters such as the Battlefield series'

Not sure about this change I actually liked PS1s pacing I think it was one of the reasons the battles were so huge. I also liked Sanctuary (the HART system could be improved for sure) but sitting in Sanc getting everyone together to roll out was fun.
This, my fondest battles in PS1 were ones that raged for an hour or more in open terrain, each side giving then gaining ground as they fought hard down a natural terrain corridor. One of which was over a long bridge, each on one side trying hard to get across and establish a beachhead, using blow up tanks for cover. Another just fighting along a road through a causeway, fighting tree to tree trying to move slowly forward.

Fun times

Old 14th July 2011, 03:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1008

Well I take back that bit about spawning

Quote:
How is squad spawning going to be balanced? Squad spawning will not work indoors, will require your squad leader to be heavily specialized as one, will occur in a drop pod, and will be on a cooldown. It is not meant to be your primary respawn method.
From this excellent summary so far thread Planetside 2 Information Thread - PlanetSide Universe

Uplay: noremac2020 (add me!!) Warframe: FRIENDLYUNIT
---
This disclaimer has been automatically added.
FRIENDLYUNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 01:58 AM   #43 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1245

Great article although this part made me sad
• No vehicle hacking
There was just something special about hacking an AMS out from under the attacking teams nose
Old 16th August 2011, 11:38 AM   #44 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25473

Amused

Great article on what to expect in the new game, including offline skill training, friendly fire, and more. Nods @ Kotaku for directing me.

Source LINK

[edit]
PS - also a bunch of screenies.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 05:04 PM   #45 (permalink)

Friendly fire + free to play = Game design fail

---
Old 17th August 2011, 08:03 PM   #46 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25473

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIENDLYUNIT View Post
Friendly fire + free to play = Game design fail
... You make a good point.

I remember on a BFBC2 pub last week we had a guy spawn, blow up all the vehicles, then team hop to the other side.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 10:20 AM   #47 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Some Assets and Screenshots here..
Some New PlanetSide 2 Assets To Ogle - Voodoo Extreme
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 12:23 PM   #48 (permalink)

Dancing To Different Beats: Planetside 2 | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Updates on that spawning, and other stuff. Mostly good news.

Quote:
Higby: Squad-spawning is an ability you have to have; we have a cert-tree that’s completely redesigned from the original Planetside, so squad leadership is a cert-tree, and squad-spawning can be unlocked through that, and that has different levels too. So the first level, you can only spawn on the squad-leader, the second you can spawn on anybody in the squad; there’s timers that get reduced as you increase that ability too.
Makes me feel a little better though frankly it's of such tactical significance I'd be shocked if almost everyone didn't make that a priority to get almost immediately.

I know I'm getting way ahead of time but such is the level of my enthusiasm for this game I was already wondering about how TOG will be getting involved - what outfits we'd have and so on. Looks like there might, in light of the quote below, be some important decisions about the faction to choose too (though I get a feeling that the old PS1 TOG guys wont even want to think about it).

Quote:
Higby: It’s the same world, but we’re doing a revisioning of the entire thing. The storyline is starting from where Planetside 1 started, we’re not following it up. We’re redefining what Auraxis is and spending a lot of time redefining the roles of the factions. Factions in PS2 are super-important, not just the red team versus the blue; they play the game in a completely different way. We’re creating very distinct motivations and lore for the factions, so they have their own reasons for doing what they’re doing and hating the other factions, and that all feeds into their gameplay types and the types of people who will enjoy playing those factions.

---
Old 12th September 2011, 02:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIENDLYUNIT View Post
I know I'm getting way ahead of time but such is the level of my enthusiasm for this game I was already wondering about how TOG will be getting involved - what outfits we'd have and so on.
Maybe start up new threads regarding the specific topics you want to discuss.. might get the ball rolling for you
Old 15th September 2011, 10:13 AM   #50 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Some new screenies and webcast goodness..

SOURCE New PlanetSide 2 Screens Released And Webcast Announced - Voodoo Extreme

Quote:
Our goal with PlanetSide 2 is to create a game where you will fight against and alongside thousands of players, competing simultaneously and directly against one another in massive battles featuring intense infantry action as well as incredible air and ground vehicle combat. You will be able to traverse enormous open-world maps featuring massive gameplay space and unique biospheres, punctuated by massive facilities, towers and bunkers. Persistent conquest warfare is facilitated by territory control where you will earn resources to unlock weapon add-ons, vehicle customizations, and more. No instancing here, everything is 100% PVP and 100% open world combat. And of course, a deep character customization and personalization will allow players to create your very own soldier, customize your weapons and vehicles to fit not only your own personal play style but the needs of your outfit or the entire empire.