Old 29th June 2012, 06:10 PM   #111 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIENDLYUNIT View Post
Soooo.... kinda what I'm getting here is that "TOG" should probably have a split presence in PS2?

It could get quite fragmented - empire (nc/vs/tr) x region (aus(Oceania)/na/eu) = 9 potential. Suggest we dont do that.

Do we want to split over 2 or 3, with a match of one primary timezone and a (unique) empire?

Well, there are no Oceanic servers. There will be EU and US servers.

It is all going to depend on how many players are interested come launch day. There will be a lot more buzz once the game gets into open beta. If only a couple of dozen people are keen then chances are all the TOG gaming would happen in one timezone and faction. Its too early to tell right now I think.

If there is no VS TOG group and the Vanu end up being as much to my liking as I expect them to be then I will be very tempted to join the VS on the server the TOG NC group is in. Just for the occasional chance that I will come across another togger, even if its at the other end of my crosshairs...

Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade referral link for 4k store points.
The Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th June 2012, 10:26 PM   #112 (permalink)
Grim Monkey Master
DC Planetside 2
Ace - Post: 7821

Doh

My primary will be NC but I will play other servers from time to time to experience the other factions. Just for... err... tactical purposes only tho.. yeah.. that sounds good

Shrubbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 11:10 PM   #113 (permalink)
Retired Advisor
Retired Adviser
Dangerous - Post: 830

TOG was a NC outfit ,when you see the vids and they talk about being NC or TR or barney,thats what planetside did to you . It wasn't like other game where you played one side or the other .NC for life........ rolling with a platoon of 30 on TS ,in an army of 500 with other outfits [legion of the dammed ,hoard ect ] that become like brothers night after night.
It was a game played over time not rounds,so you got to know your mates standing by you as you defended the tec plant for a couple of hours ,then to roll amour with driver and gunner to fight back
most had alts but only low level cos they ended up as grease in the tracks of a vanguard

GO THE GECKO

Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2012, 09:46 PM   #114 (permalink)
Grim Monkey Master
DC Planetside 2

Doh

This is interesting.....

Quote:
The next thing I noticed is the full flight-stick setup on Higby's gaming desk, complete with foot pedals. Imagine my delight when Higby revealed he was using the controller setup to play PlanetSide 2.

In the original PlanetSide, flight has a barebones, floating-camera feeling to it. Anyone can hop into a Mosquito or Galaxy and instantly become a successful pilot. In PlanetSide 2, flying has been reworked from the ground up. I had the chance to sample PlanetSide 2's flight at E3, and I'd describe it as a mix of jet and helicopter flight from Battlefield and Arma 2. I crashed. A lot. Like in Battlefield 3, vehicles now give the sensation they have true mass, and if you're not managing the throttle and hover controls, your plane will drop like a stone. Until you learn what you're doing and get a feel for it, it's straight-up hard.

Old 1st July 2012, 03:59 PM   #115 (permalink)
Grim Monkey Master
DC Planetside 2

Doh

Old 1st July 2012, 04:11 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubbo
Day/Night Test Video
The game looks gorgeous. There even seems to be cloud shadow effects in the game. Unfortunately that night is nowhere near dark enough. There will be no point to using headlights on vehicles other than to broadcast your position to enemies.

Its nice to know there are obsolete vehicles in the game as well. That poor tank looked so clumsy and slow, almost like it could barely navigate the little bumps in terrain. I feel sorry for the poor players that have to drive that bucket.

Old 7th July 2012, 08:32 AM   #117 (permalink)
Grim Monkey Master
DC Planetside 2

Doh

John Smedly (President of Sony Online) indicates the beta will be this month.

Old 7th July 2012, 09:59 AM   #118 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 331

Relaxed

Been playing a little Tribes:Ascend to whet my appetite- I'm really ready for this (now if I just get in beta).
Old 10th July 2012, 04:40 PM   #119 (permalink)
Grim Monkey Master
DC Planetside 2

Doh

The stream is crap but if you are like me you will take anything, 35 minutes of studio game play.

Old 10th July 2012, 08:59 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubbo View Post
The stream is crap but if you are like me you will take anything, 35 minutes of studio game play.
I am half way through it now. It looks fantastic, even though Higby is lacking any sort of skill.

I am just way too excited for this game.