Old 10th July 2012, 09:24 PM   #121 (permalink)
Grim Monkey Master
DC Planetside 2
Ace - Post: 7978

Doh

lol you noticed that as well aye. I was nearly screaming at him when he let that tank get away at 23:05 and at 34:00 minutes he wastes all his ammo shooting an empty mossie and then at 34:16 he has someone dead in his sights and goes *click click* lmao

Shrubbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th July 2012, 11:18 PM   #122 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubbo View Post
lol you noticed that as well aye. I was nearly screaming at him when he let that tank get away at 23:05 and at 34:00 minutes he wastes all his ammo shooting an empty mossie and then at 34:16 he has someone dead in his sights and goes *click click* lmao

Just saw that as well!

I am worried now that I might really suffer with those Vanu tanks.
  • Being a hover tank it reminds me of tanks in BF2142. That is fine by me, but I did always prefer the tracked tanks in that game.
  • The real worry I have is about their shots. Will VS tanks have shells that fire in a straight line (no effect of gravity) like their infantry weapons? I dont know if I can handle that. It just wouldnt feel like a real tank if the shots dont have weight to them...

Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade referral link for 4k store points.
The Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 12:39 PM   #123 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4468

Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColRipper View Post
You have to remember, Planetside was, I think, the first MMO TOG ever got into, I believe prior to that they only played BF1942 and counterstrike. TOG was teeny at the time too, and there were almost no people outside of Australia. So when they started PS, it was like 15 guys, who had all been squading on the same BF servers, and they all picked NC and that was it. I am sure this time there will be multiple outfits running (although we all know the real TOG will be playing NC :P )

[edit] the Gecko better stay though :P

WoW! I guess i am old and have been playing with TOG that damn long. I was one of the original and yes a few of Americans in TOG at the time. At the time we were a very small crew that all played NC our outfit was called the Geckos! And believe it or not Father actually played the game with us!...(waiting for all the gasps......)

We never really strayed from the NC back in the original days. But TOG was a totally different entity then. I'm sure there will be people wanting to play multiple factions. i'm sure TOG will provide a place for them and a TOG outfit.

But the true...the first....the originals..the best damn TKers out there....will be fighting for the NC and hopefully under the Gecko name once again!

I'm back playing PS right now. I'll take a screen shot for all you.....

Cheers,

Last edited by oldskool; 11th July 2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: spelling
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 01:36 PM   #124 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Yeehaw

Here is the proof!

Gecko Commander! Zoom in if you have to read it!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers!
Old 12th July 2012, 05:42 AM   #125 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 57

Sneaky

mmmm, tasty planetside 2. I'll be there, with bells on.

Time to kill some TR scum, soon!
Terraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 05:52 AM   #126 (permalink)

Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horror View Post
Just saw that as well!

I am worried now that I might really suffer with those Vanu tanks.
  • Being a hover tank it reminds me of tanks in BF2142. That is fine by me, but I did always prefer the tracked tanks in that game.
  • The real worry I have is about their shots. Will VS tanks have shells that fire in a straight line (no effect of gravity) like their infantry weapons? I dont know if I can handle that. It just wouldnt feel like a real tank if the shots dont have weight to them...
The main gun I have seen on the VS tanks fires an energy bolt, with an arc. It looks like a glob of plasma and it definitely has some form of mass to it.

As for the infantry weapons, keep in mind that while they don't suffer bullet-drop because they're energy weapons, they do suffer energy attenuation over distance...because they're energy weapons.

So as NC we can still do full damage at range as long as we compensate for bullet drop (being a sniper, FTW) while the Vanu will have an easier time aiming but won't hit very hard from a good distance.

Also, NC Dogtag...

Old 12th July 2012, 07:21 AM   #127 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Yeehaw

yea that"s my boy!!! Love the dog tag dude!
Old 12th July 2012, 08:47 AM   #128 (permalink)

Sneaky

hehehe...I have several of them laying around in a box somewhere. I'll dig them out and save one for ya.
Old 12th July 2012, 09:15 AM   #129 (permalink)

Sneaky

Also, I'd like to throw some ideas into the hat.

Due to the way PS2's outfits and squads work, and the fact that there are many disparate roles players can take on, I had worked up a model for an outfit I'd like to share.

Before I was made aware of TOG, I had an outfit planned and have a number of people who are going to want to play the game as part of a solid outfit...somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30, it looks like.

I'm going to be letting all of them know about TOG, because they're all in their 30's and 40's and would all make for great fits with this group, it seems.

Anywhoozle...The concept I had was as follows:

I was going to start the outfit up and call it Chaos Company. No particular reason for the name, I just like the way it sounds.

Within the outfit, there would be a number of squads. Each squad would have specific roles during operations, as follows:

• Mayem squad - The flyers. The guys who create the mayhem inside enemy bases and lay the groundwork for the assault. This group would consist of liberators and fighters to scorch the ground and give combat air patrol for air supremacy.

• Nemesis squad - The heavy armor and assault vehicles. They will follow Mayhem squad into combat and will secure the ground from any vehicle based insurgents who may try to defend. They'll also transport the first wave of infantry.

• Overlord squad - The MAX and Heavy armor guys. They will go in on foot and take out pockets of resistance within the facilities. These are the guys who clear the final obstacles and secure the base for the light armor and engineers to move in and take over.

• Perdition squad - The final wave. These are the guys who march into hell and take the base. This group will include overwatch / high-ground (snipers and observers) and engineers / hackers / medics / light infantry. After a base is taken, they will be setting up defenses and prepping for counter-assault.

During a base defense, the squads would have the same basic roles, except from the inside out. Air defense, air strikes against incoming enemy groups, securing versus enemy armor and heavy assault, setting up turrets and defenses, etc...

Of course, we don't have to be so involved if the group doesn't want but...I believe these to be very effective tactics and if the waves are done well, it's really difficult to defend against such an assault.

Just some thoughts.
Old 12th July 2012, 09:53 AM   #130 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3487

Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytes View Post
Is there a TOG presence in ps1? If not may be a good way to build a following and get our ducks in fun order... Also may help with beta entry as a community gamer org...
Did someone mention Ducks?

i'm always game...