Old 5th July 2012, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2662

Thumbs up Planetside 2, Recruitment Center On Facebook

Hi Guys,

For those of you that may be interested SOE has a "Planetside 2" fan page on Facebook. However on top of that section they have what is an app called "The Recruitment Center". Basically allowing you to create a Planetside 2 Facebook profile where missions have to be accomplished. These activities mostly promoting PS2 offer 1 of 3 tiers of rewards. These rewards are Station Cash the currency system SOE uses across all their games. Including implants and booster items to be utilized once "Planetside 2" goes Gold at retail for your in-game account.

The very 1st tier of in-game rewards is 500 Station Cash which comes to $5 US and an Implant for retail on your avatar in-game. I've already completed 4 of the 5 activities or missions for this first tier myself.

Check it Out.

https://www.facebook.com/PlanetSide2

If anyone gets stuck in recruiting friends in order to complete a mission badge. Perhaps those of us who are Facebook users can offer up our real life names in order to facilitate the process for ourselves. (although there will be some slight cross PS2 promotion spam to each other) Facebook, allows Lists or categories to be created under your own profile which includes limiting what that list see's overall.

Just a thought.

I'll start it off by sharing my Facebook profile link: (Please state your a TOG Member Name otherwise I may very well ignore the request off hand)

https://www.facebook.com/atrayo1

Last edited by Atrayo; 6th July 2012 at 07:53 AM.
Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th July 2012, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3487

Cheeky

Do note though, that each recruit must be a unique person, not already registerred for the application.

So unless you can create facebook accounts, it's going to be nearly impossible, unless you can ask 50 of your friends to do it that doesn't play.
Old 6th July 2012, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3546

Tired

I'm progressing nicely too, but for some reason it wont recognise that i liked their page :S
Old 6th July 2012, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2662

Arrow

Hello Flintwick,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintwick
but for some reason it wont recognise that i liked their page :S
I had the very same difficulty. What I did was Unlike the page and Re-Like them once more and that took care of the glitch. Subsequently earning me the badge for that mission.

PS: Even those that are playing another SOE game should try this PS2 app out. Since if you qualify for any of the 3 Tiers of rewards with this app. You'll be Scoring Easy Station Cash for yourself to apply anywhere in the SOE games line-up.

Last edited by Atrayo; 7th July 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 06:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4466

Yeehaw

due to this being a public forum..I wont put my FB info here. Any TOGer that would like it PM on the boards and I'll send you my info.

Cheers,
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 07:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4466

Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckforceone View Post
Do note though, that each recruit must be a unique person, not already registerred for the application.

So unless you can create facebook accounts, it's going to be nearly impossible, unless you can ask 50 of your friends to do it that doesn't play.

that's why we need 50 TOGers to get in gear! NC for life! Go Geckos!!
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 09:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 57

Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
due to this being a public forum..I wont put my FB info here. Any TOGer that would like it PM on the boards and I'll send you my info.

Cheers,
I have his facebook info.

His real name is n00b Mcn00berson and he lives in n00bsville, n00braksa.
Terraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3487

Cheeky

Well i have hit 10 so far... if i create 1 account at a time facebook does not complain. If i create 3 in a day, it starts requiring a tlf number... so i'm now creating 1 account every second day to avoid getting locked out. Took me over a week before i didn't get the phone requirements...

Also, join this facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/349403761804639/