Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Member News > Podcasts

Podcasts TOG Podcast - Public Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th October 2009, 08:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Founder
Guru - Post: 11119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlann View Post
We actually have received our very first 'Customer Review' on iTunes. It's awful. I wish we could delete these. Why is there so much TOG-hate?

edit: ah good - I found a way to report it.
I wouldn't worry about it, clearly he hasn't even "listened" to it, this isn't feedback, just trolling.
Father is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15th October 2009, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 28

Asleep

Hi Guys

Really enjoying the 'cast. Keep up the great work!

Without sounding to 'sucky' your production is better than GameSpots!! Looking forward to hearing TOGgers comments etc

Cheers

AOB

XBOX live tag = AussieOldBoy
QPJACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 10:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy
Ace - Post: 8063

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by QPJACK View Post
Hi Guys

Really enjoying the 'cast. Keep up the great work!

Without sounding to 'sucky' your production is better than GameSpots!! Looking forward to hearing TOGgers comments etc

Cheers

AOB
Thanks! That's a huge compliment mate. Feel free to submit a question yourself any time you like!
Ashlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 07:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 7

Hi Ash and father

Just finished listening to ep 10 of the podcast. Its always good to get some Aussie content on gaming so thanks for taking the time. Also, to provide some feedback - it would be good if you didn't payout on Wii games so much. I'm a PC and Wii player (gaming since late 70s) and while you both admit to having limited experience on this console you also rate it for casual/kid gamers only. I encourage you to try RE4, COD WaW and Dead Space Extinction to see that developers (when they make the effort) can make adult, effective and challenging games for the Wii. It also happens to be a fun family console as well. Perhaps the most versatile on the market. I have just started playing COD MW Reflex not a bad port so far.

Keep up the good work.

Mike
Nimbus2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 09:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy
Ace - Post: 8063

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus2k
I encourage you to try RE4, COD WaW and Dead Space Extinction to see that developers (when they make the effort)
A very valid point, thank you! I haven't seen the true extent of the 'higher end' games; I have only seen/played a lot of the bowling/Shrek et al style games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus2k
It also happens to be a fun family console as well.
I couldn't agree more, and I certainly sing its praises there on several occasions during the casts It has a lot of positives in the market, and I won't deny that!

Thank you for your feedback!
Ashlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 09:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Interesting points regarding the Wii... maybe this can be explored further and in a depth in a future Podcast
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 06:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
.. maybe this can be explored further and in a depth in a future Podcast
Thanks Ned and Ash for your replies. As background - as my kids have had Nintendo consoles (N64, GC, Wii + GB/DS) since they were young I think many older gamers have access to a Wii more than Xbox/PS3. Having young kids in the home means that the type of games usually purchased are G rated or casual. Now my kids are older teens they gravitate to PC games like CS:S, Bioshock, Rome etc or social games on the Wii like Shaun White. This gives me the time/opportunity to play more adult games on the Wii without needing to be mindful of content or needing to buy yet another console. I think this may reflect many other older gamers situation.
Nimbus2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 09:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 18

Hey podcast people! First up, I would just like to say I've been listening to all your podcasts over the last few days and you can certainly notice the improvement over time. It is feeling more structured, and has a nice flow happening to it now.

Now, just some general feedback, and most of this is highly subjective. I think it would be great if you had an extra person or two who was involved. Whether it was "guests" you had, or semi regular people etc. I was just listening to one of the podcasts and you were mentioning mmo's, and I got the impression that they were something neither of you were overly interested in (nothing wrong with that by the way, and I may have got the wrong end of the stick). It would be cool if you maybe had like an "mmo expert", or something similar, so they could bring their particular perspective to that discussion, and that could be something that could be easily planned out in advance. And not just for mmo's either, but maybe other genres too etc. I have found that with listening to other podcasts, a few extra people just add a little more flavour and diversity to the whole thing. Again, this is very subjective

Overall though guys, I'm enjoying them - it even get's my own juices going in relation to looking at doing something similar! Anyways, keep up the good work

Talisain
Talisain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 09:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4165

Just occured to me that these would be good to listen to while working, have a jaybird bluetooth headset, so dumped all the podcasts on my phone and working through them now, up to 6 atm. Finding them very good listening
Old 30th November 2009, 12:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Founder
Guru - Post: 11119

Our next episode 12 will actually have some guests in it talking to us about MMO's, Aion in General, just waiting for Ash to finish the production side of it and should be online then.
Father is offline   Reply With Quote