The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Retro Gaming and Nostalgia! (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/retro-gaming-nostalgia/)
-   -   Worst Game Ever Made?? (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/retro-gaming-nostalgia/128544-worst-game-ever-made.html)

hoppy 11th September 2007 11:06 AM

Worst Game Ever Made??

My vote as follows;

ET on the Atari 2600

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (Atari 2600 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Gaara 11th September 2007 06:07 PM

LOL you really cant beat that, man if you have never watched codemonkeys, I assure you it will make you laugh with its ET game storyline in the 2nd episode. Also Custers Revenge also on Atari and Daikatana on pc

Rog69 13th September 2007 07:09 PM

The worst game I ever bought has to be The Great Space Race on the Spectrum. What a turd of a game, I really liked Valhalla, the previous game from the same developers so I mistakenly thought this one must be great too, after all it cost 14.99 (which was an awful lot of money for a Spectrum game) and came in a box the size of a small country. It was so appalling that I corrupted the tape so I could return it to try and get a refund, I sent my mum to take it back and she came home with a replacement copy :(.
I still have it boxed up in the attic somewhere.
The Great Space Race (ZX/C64, 1984)

I'd also like to nominate Deus ex - Invisible war just for the sheer dissapointment value and Halo on the PC, it started out great but those later copy and paste levels where you had to follow the camp flying robot thing while shooting endless waves of blobby balloon people was brain liquifyingly boring.

morte 13th September 2007 07:38 PM

going modern I'd have to say the pityful attempt Codemasters has made at "Hospital Tycoon" - the remake of the classic Bullfrog game "Theme Hospital". To say they stuffed it up big time would be an understatement. Just awful.

YZ250 14th September 2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morte (Post 1449537)
going modern I'd have to say the pityful attempt Codemasters has made at "Hospital Tycoon" - the remake of the classic Bullfrog game "Theme Hospital". To say they stuffed it up big time would be an understatement. Just awful.

They had me big time, I thoroughly enjoyed the original Tycoon games, then any slap up piece of crap game they put the Tycoon label on and they expect you to buy it.

Coffee Tycoon anyone???? maybe Lemonade Tycoon........I see you all running way in terror LMAO

Feekie 15th September 2007 01:56 AM

I made a game in BASIC once called Shoot'em. It was poorly. Does that count?

Onrust 16th September 2007 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The idea of Yab Yum on the MSX was pretty worse.

However the game play wasn't that bad...

satanx 18th September 2007 10:48 AM

i played some terrible ones on the spectrum.
can't remember their names though, as they were all pretty forgettable :lol:

Gaara 18th September 2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanx (Post 1454119)
i played some terrible ones on the spectrum.
can't remember their names though, as they were all pretty forgettable :lol:

LOL @ the ZX unit period

Sir Fitz 25th September 2007 04:14 AM

I'm gonna have to say, Nightdriver for the 2600.