Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!

Retro Gaming and Nostalgia! Where PacMan swallowed his first pill.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th December 2007, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7441

Yeehaw
Default Rise of the Video Game - Discovery Channel

Been watching this series since the beginning, they take some liberties and tend to sensationalise a little, but for the most part it's very entertaining and oddly informative. I though I knew a lot about the history of video games, but there's a lot in this series I knew nothing about.

They also take an interesting approach to discussing games as culture. Overall it's well worth the watch if your a fan of modern or retro gaming. You can probably find it on YouTube or via other unspeakable means as I don't think they've released DVDs of the series yet.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st January 2008, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Journalist
Dangerous - Post: 698

Yeah, I have been catching that one too, still have latest one to watch, tho a lot of the first episode and a bit was kinda stuff I already knew, they mentioned a book there in the first episode.. err what was it called.. Game Over, its a book about the rise of Nintendo etc and the crash of atari and stuff. But yeah, all in all its a good show.

"A cute girl stopped me on the way, so I danced."- Kakashi Hatake
Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 17

I quite enjoyed this show and cant wait to own it on dvd..though I must admit I found the last ep or 2 a little ordinary. Once it got into the more modern gaming I found myself going meh. lol

"Gamer for life..or until my hands fall off."

Last edited by AllSchoolGamer; 5th June 2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: explanation needed
AllSchoolGamer is offline   Reply With Quote