Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!

Retro Gaming and Nostalgia! Where PacMan swallowed his first pill.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th November 2009, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1514

Happy
Default MAME Handheld

Anyone see the mame handheld in the latest PCPP mag ... What a great Xmas idea for the kiddies (if it out, haven't had a chameleon to check).

Introduce them to some sweet classics, Black Tiger anyone?

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
delushin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th November 2009, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Division Captain
Call of Duty & Titanfall
Lethal - Post: 5811 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Cheeky

PCPP mag is what??
Originally Posted by 303
And I love hoppy
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 11:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Happy

PC Powerplay it's an Aussie mag

pcpowerplay.com.au

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
Old 27th November 2009, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Division Captain
Call of Duty & Titanfall
Lethal - Post: 5811 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Cheeky

Of course (doh, what a tool I am!!!)
Originally Posted by 303
And I love hoppy
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 355

Goofy

Your talking about the GP2X?

Buy GP2X Wiz Game System - Play-Asia.com
Old 27th November 2009, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742

Sleepy

I have a GP2X F100 (an older model than the one Harry linked to) and it's a great little machine. I have Mame and a number of other emulators running on it (Snes, nes, sega, Dosbox, Neo Geo to name but a few) and a ton of other games like Doom and Quake. You can even play movies and music on them too. The community is dying out a little bit now but there is a ton of free content out there for it, it's one of the best systems I ever bought.

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog69 View Post
I have a GP2X F100 (an older model than the one Harry linked to) and it's a great little machine. I have Mame and a number of other emulators running on it (Snes, nes, sega, Dosbox, Neo Geo to name but a few) and a ton of other games like Doom and Quake. You can even play movies and music on them too. The community is dying out a little bit now but there is a ton of free content out there for it, it's one of the best systems I ever bought.
I'm actually tempted to buy one in the future! Portable gaming where the only cost is the initial outlay for the machine (plus usage downloaing add-ons and games) is just great.
Old 28th November 2009, 01:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742

Sleepy

I can highly recommend one, I've had mine for about 2 years now and I've had my money's worth out of it many times over.

I have been keeping an eye on the Pandora, it is being developed by people from the GP2X community since they were disappointed by the direction gamepark was taking after the GP2X (with the F200 and the Wiz) but the thing is already over a year late and starting to look as though it might never make it to full production, which is a real shame as it has tons of potential.

OpenPandora - The OMAP3 based Handheld

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Happy

I am very interested, even more so after picking up Volume 3 of Retro Gamer Collection Mag ... Time to look up some titles I had forgotten about.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
Old 28th November 2009, 04:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog69 View Post
I can highly recommend one, I've had mine for about 2 years now and I've had my money's worth out of it many times over.

I have been keeping an eye on the Pandora, it is being developed by people from the GP2X community since they were disappointed by the direction gamepark was taking after the GP2X (with the F200 and the Wiz) but the thing is already over a year late and starting to look as though it might never make it to full production, which is a real shame as it has tons of potential.

OpenPandora - The OMAP3 based Handheld
If it didn't have the qwerty kb, that would be a ripper portable gaming device. Are there any other portable gaming devices like the GP2X available (other than the DS and PSP of course)?

I also had a look at the Status page and they, as of 25th of november, have gone into mass production phase. So expect them out relatively soon I'd say.

Last edited by Harry Reems; 28th November 2009 at 05:02 PM.
Harry Reems is offline   Reply With Quote