Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!

Retro Gaming and Nostalgia! Where PacMan swallowed his first pill.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd February 2013, 11:53 PM   #121 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1250

Amused

I certainly remember playing the pong game and loving that, and later loving the games on the Vic 20, but the games that really had me addicted, were probably Cannon Fodder(Addicted to the theme song I think), Kick Off and Barbarian("Prepare to Die") on the Amiga 500.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th February 2013, 07:30 AM   #122 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 8

Amused

Myst was the first PC game I really got hooked on.
Tamsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2013, 09:41 AM   #123 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 27

Daring

3D load runner Atari 2600. I had Pong first, but it wasnt as addicting like Load Runner was. LD was the first time I felt like I was on an actual digital adventure within my TV screen. Hours would go by in the blink of an eye on such a simple platformer. Very few games bring me into that plateau, but I keep searching for 'em

-"crossing fingers for the new Aliens"
Old 4th October 2013, 04:55 AM   #124 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 360

Cynical

Dungeon Master. I played that for years, hour after hour after hour. In more modern times, an MMO, City of Heroes. Gone now, thanks NCSoft
lunawisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 07:01 AM   #125 (permalink)
Quietly from behind
All Knowing - Post: 16010 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Sneaky

My first actual game was Donkey Kong II handheld. Got it in Hong Kong when I was 14. Used to clock it 3 times on one life until it got so damn fast....

That was the only game I had until I was 17 as we weren't allowed any game systems.

Once I was living on my own @ 18 boy did my Mega drive and the local video shop arcade machines cop a flogging.

Most early Sega addictive game was Final Fantasy VII. Played it so much for so long I started dreaming about it every night so I had to have a break for a day.....damn gaming addiction.

The Omen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 07:44 AM   #126 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

ToeJam & Earl playing with my brother had to be the most addicting game when I was young. Frantic shouts and screams as we were chased by the ice creme man or dropped off the edge by a tornado. AHHHHH! BEES!
Deafdumbmute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 02:28 AM   #127 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 22

ah Toe Jam and Earl, what a great game.
Mr.BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 10:32 AM   #128 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 379

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunawisp View Post
Dungeon Master. I played that for years, hour after hour after hour. In more modern times, an MMO, City of Heroes. Gone now, thanks NCSoft
They are trying to make a new one, I saw it on kick starter, called City Of Titans.
AvatarICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 11:34 AM   #129 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafdumbmute View Post
ToeJam & Earl playing with my brother had to be the most addicting game when I was young. Frantic shouts and screams as we were chased by the ice creme man or dropped off the edge by a tornado. AHHHHH! BEES!
OMG that game was so much fun. Shame the sequels didn't like up to the original

Ganny4Lyf!
Buttersoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 10:40 AM   #130 (permalink)
Scy
Competent - Post: 261

Bored

Either World of Warcraft or Counterstrike for me. I've played WoW since day 1 in 2004 and CS (1.6 and Source) since 2003. I just added up my /played time on WoW, since I hadn't done so in years, and I have just over 8600 hours logged on WoW and over 3000 hours logged on Counterstrike between 1.6 and Source with 2 Steam accounts. I even played in a league for 3 seasons in Counterstrike. Well over 10,000 hours (more than a full year) spent on just 2 games.

Edit: A friend of mine said all of the time on WoW is probably on 2 characters. 70% of it is on my main and another 18% is on my 1st character (main is 2nd character). The last 12% is littered between 4 alts.

Last edited by Scy; 14th October 2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: time
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote